1 2 3
Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
10/27/18 7:06 p.m.

Today I changed the inner and outer tie rods on the G35 and removed some of the excessive -camber from the rear. Then it was cleaning the shop to get the Samurai back under cover. I've decided not to sell it for the foreseeable future. 

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
10/27/18 7:11 p.m.

I built an exhaust for my MGA and scraped 30 years of grime from the underside with a putty knife and wire brush along with welding in new supports for the battery tray.  Swapped winter tires onto the Mercedes and brought that to the shop for state inspection.   More scraping and brushing and cleaning tomorrow on the continuing quest to get the MGA ready to sell  

I also assembled more of the new kitchen cabinets while having a nice fire and watching nature documentaries and now the baseball game. 

Overall, a nice productive day

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
10/27/18 7:15 p.m.

Stacked a cord or so of split firewood while the kids and SWMBO worked on an"surprise" for my birthday. It was cookie pies after dinner.

Going to keep going through the new to me pellet furnace tonight so I can get it in next weekend hopefully.

1SlowVW
1SlowVW New Reader
10/27/18 7:43 p.m.

Mocked up some intercooler piping, also fired the motor for the first time since I dropped it in the truck.

now that most sensors are verified working I can start cleaning up the harness.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
10/27/18 7:50 p.m.

Various homeowner projects.  Some spackling, caulking, painting.  Finished repairing a dresser I got from ReStore and put a base coat on it.  Will paint some dinosaurs on it tomorrow with my son.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/27/18 7:52 p.m.

Picked up the slicks for free. Helped dad, ate keylime pie, cuddled up with the wife for a movie. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
10/27/18 8:08 p.m.

Mostly sat on the couch with ice on my knee.  Bursitis, they say. Owwie, I say.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
10/27/18 8:24 p.m.

I made a bracket for the locost fender.  1 more bracket to go for the front fenders/headlight.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
10/27/18 8:37 p.m.

Caught up on sleep and berkeleyed off all day

Daylight shift sucks

Watching World Series now

and drinking beer

beer is good

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
10/27/18 8:38 p.m.

Added 18” of height to my gate so the shiny happy person dog would stop escaping.

Entertained family for a bit.

Drove 100 miles each way with the son unit so he could run around in a muddy field with other teenagers (cross country meet).

Carved a pretty cool pumpkin.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
10/27/18 8:58 p.m.

New bike day. 4 hours on the mountain later, legs are shot, watching UFC.
Pretty good Saturday.

codrus
codrus UltraDork
10/27/18 9:01 p.m.

Installed some air springs in the back of the tow vehicle.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
10/27/18 9:12 p.m.

Started an archeological dig in my basement. . Found all kinds of car parts for past present and future car projects. 

Things like:

A complete rear interior for a 944

My stand alone MS setup for a 944

a box of Jag electrical parts (modern stuff)

79 Z28 fenders

A borla cat back for my long departed x type

and a bunch more  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/27/18 9:24 p.m.

1. Went to work at 6am.  Worked on sales budget and presented to my boss.

2. Went home and loaded up my truck with every riding toy and wheels for our churches Trunk and Treat.  Cozy coupe, old fire truck, Kettcar go kart.  Decorated my truck with a wheels/car theme.

3. Attended Trunk and Treat   Went home and unloaded   

4. Took wife, daughter, and friend to Texas Roadhouse for average steaks to use gift cards that were collecting dust   

5. Stopped at Lowes for laundry room sink.

6. Laying in chair waiting for 10am so I can “officially” go to bed.

Nobody saw the irony that I wore a Ford hat and drove a Chevrolet.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/27/18 9:33 p.m.

Fixed swing set. 

Setup and tire down a trunk or treat

Ate a rack of ribs for dinner with some dickel rye. 

Found a really sweet v8 s10 for sale.  Think I'm in love. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
10/27/18 9:47 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

I’m building a pair of boat house doors. 4 inches thick by nearly 10 feet tall.  They are extremely heavy and getting the 4 pairs of bearing brass hinges aligned. Then I’ll need to hang them on the 18 inch white oak Timbers before the heavy snow flies. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
10/27/18 10:00 p.m.

Ran for an Hour. Took out the girl for a cruise with the top down.  Looked at some houses and neighborhoods to buy a house in. Went to an Air Force football game and oogled the jets and gliders they had on display. I love that they do flyovers for the start of every game. It was 3 F18's this time. Last game it was 3 F35's

Now, Finishing a beer and decompressing. 

P3PPY
P3PPY Reader
10/27/18 10:08 p.m.

Man, what didn't we do? Was up by 6 with the almost-4 year old, went with the family to the zoo for candy from the animals (they really should do it that way), on the way home impromptu stopped by a local church's HUGE Halloween festival. Did you know there are miniature cows too, the size of miniature horses and donkeys? 4x as much as a donkey though. Played with the oldest again while the little one took a nap, went to my parents' church's Trunk or Treat. My brother's family showed up too. Seeing his kids and my kids together is like seeing young versions of my siblings and me playing together again.

Afterward my folks watched the kids while my wife and I went out to celebrate our anniversary. It was a beautiful day here in Kansas City and we made the most of it.

Funny thing happened as we pulled into their church's lot. I've been wanting to find a 4-seater replacement for the Z4 since apparently it's a lot more popular with the whole family than I expected. Last night I came across two widely different convertibles: 1971 LeMans  and a 2003 BMW 330ci. I told my wife what to look up as we were driving there and she apparently doesn't like the look of muscle cars but she really liked the BMW. As we got to the church's lot, there it was: a silver 2003ish BMW 330ci convertible, just like the one I'd been looking at. I'll probably bite the bullet on one of those then; the power to weight isn't that much different than in the Z4; I don't think I would mind it at all.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
10/27/18 10:11 p.m.

Played with the kids, sold and shipped some stuff, put up an IKEA stainless wire thing in my 3 year old’s bedroom so she can hang her art on it. Read lots of books to the kids. It was a good day. 

I was getting ready to read books to my 3 year old, laying in her bed next to her with a pillow behind my back. She said “I was looking behind your pillow, what’s there?” I leaned forward and asked what was there. She dove into the new space and said “ME!!!” I bust out laughing and said “you’re welcome” to my wife and she said you’re welcome, world. The kid is getting a carbon copy of my sense of humor I swear. It’ll be great for her in 20 years but the teen years might be a little rough. Sorry / you’re welcome kiddo. 

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
10/27/18 10:45 p.m.

Drove my two sons to my home town to have their first shooting experience with my dad.  The have only shot airsoft guns before.

I’m not sure if my kids smiled more or my dad.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham UberDork
10/27/18 11:39 p.m.

I spent all morning in a junk yard. Got about $300 worth of parts for e36, Miata and Mercedes for $21. 

Then I spent the afternoon setting up an online store (not to sell those parts) with my brother. Good day. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
10/27/18 11:42 p.m.

took delivery of a new mattress and then went into an extra shift at work because L.S.U. wasn't playing also it rained and the S-10s wipers don't work so no pre-moving.  Lame.blush

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/27/18 11:43 p.m.

Went too work, came home and played with my dog and the new puppy since my wife and kids were at a wedding.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
10/27/18 11:43 p.m.

Went to work. Saturdays are pretty slow so it was mostly Youtube and browsing CL for cheap junk. Had nachos. 2yo has a stomach thing this evening so just barely got him to sleep. Pretty average day.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
10/27/18 11:46 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Added 18” of height to my gate so the shiny happy person dog would stop escaping.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n0K2m5GrKrEmgoNQBEJmDtn1UQFM5DW8YWP2VA96cb76qu9HuPG8q5CrXzHo9v0f