1 2
Nathan JansenvanDoorn
Nathan JansenvanDoorn Dork
5/26/22 9:18 a.m.

We just answered this question a couple weeks ago with an e61 (530i wagon). Plan is to catch up on a few deferred maintenance items and drive the wheels off it. Very pleasant place to spend time. Not a rocket, but comfortable and large inside.

iansane
iansane Dork
5/26/22 10:52 a.m.

In reply to Nathan JansenvanDoorn :

As much as I loathe the sedan version, the wagon variant of that bodystyle looks amazingly mature and civilized.

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
5/26/22 11:15 a.m.

For something entirely different... JDM Nissan Stagea? The RB26 ones will stretch the budget, but it's the price of awesome.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/26/22 11:53 a.m.

How in the name of sweet Jesus are we to the second page of a thread about wagons, and nobody has said Volvo?

Its in Toronto, so that's not good, but still...

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
5/26/22 1:31 p.m.

I've been dailying a 2007 Passat for the best part of ten years now.  VR6 for "sufficient" power, 4Motion for go anywhere traction, ginourmous brakes, and enough room to lay down in the back with the second row seats folded if you're 6' tall.  

Steve
Steve New Reader
5/26/22 2:22 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I feel like I even baited everyone with my previous cars in the first post too!

Realisitcally, I think it may because they are getting a bit older, and are difficult to find not beat up. I wouldn't turn one down, but I know, like the VW's, they can be problematic over the long term.

Ky, how has your Passat been maintenence wise? I've been looking at the combo as a good fit, but am a bit leary of all the whizzy bits.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
5/26/22 2:53 p.m.

Here's a manual transmission e39 for sale (nmna)

https://dailyturismo.com/classic-wagon-2001-bmw-525it/

Steve
Steve New Reader
5/26/22 8:28 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

I love an E39 touring as much as the next human, but when did they start scratching that price ceiling?!

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
5/27/22 10:49 a.m.
iansane said:

In reply to Nathan JansenvanDoorn :

As much as I loathe the sedan version, the wagon variant of that bodystyle looks amazingly mature and civilized.

The wagon gets rid of a lot of the weird intersecting trunk body lines. Although, tbh, looking at the E60 now, it isn't nearly as bad as I remember. I guess Bimmers getting uglier makes those look handsomer.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eXjN8DZ7NDnngoRKSXOKXqdrjiwB7sPXR4kEgCwJujFgEQISsHL5MTTrw9fUS8zH