1 2 3
Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/28/14 9:01 a.m.

From my Build Thread.

Yes, I have one of maybe 4 Pro Touring bubble fender Javelin's in existence. 17x9 front, 17x10.5 rear, KYB's, largest factory sway bars, factory front discs. What's next? Well, I have all new rubber for the front end, and the front wheels need shorter spacers, and then I need to buy a 76 Trans Am fast-ratio steering box. Then the rear end needs to get swapped out for LSD and more gear. Then I should be good to go.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
4/28/14 9:06 a.m.

i always called them pro-beater.

and i think the jeep grand cherokee box will interchange with the ws6 box. i know it bolted on my chevelle.

and the car needs lowered a bit.

looking good though.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
4/28/14 9:53 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: i always called them pro-beater.

I like that.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
4/28/14 10:13 a.m.

I like pro beater as well.

Plus, doesn't it have to be black to be a 'proper' rat rod?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
4/28/14 10:20 a.m.

hell, its way too nice and well engineered to be a rat rod in todays rat rod race.

the whole rat rod thing just pisses me off......

i wont get started. just call it pro-beater, or pro-daily, and enjoy the hell out of it.

also, ditch the carb and stuff a gm tbi on the thing, with an overdrive of some fashion.

also, blackout hood, front bumper repair, big front splitter, etc. the whole vintage trans am look.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
4/28/14 11:15 a.m.

Looks like a fun car.. why ruin it with a label?

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat Reader
4/28/14 11:24 a.m.

Pro beater sounds like the moderator for the GGA thread...

SEADave
SEADave Reader
4/28/14 11:38 a.m.

Amateur touring?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
4/28/14 11:41 a.m.

Rat Touring, Pro Rod? Pro Rod just has all sorts for wrong...

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
4/28/14 12:06 p.m.

Nobody likes Pro Rat?

I like Amateur Touring just because it's funny.

I wouldnt call this car either rat rod OR pro touring.

But i totally agree with the ideas of smaller front wheel spacers and some lowering.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
4/28/14 12:24 p.m.

I like amateur touring. it looks good all one color again, It just needs to be dropped a bit, radius the wheelwells and a front spoiler.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
4/28/14 12:28 p.m.

Ooh, yeah, chin spoiler for sure

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro HalfDork
4/28/14 12:28 p.m.

I would call it just plain cool. No need for labels.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/28/14 2:26 p.m.

I like Amateur Touring!

Chin spoiler is a yes. Undecided on wheel wells.

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat Reader
4/28/14 2:38 p.m.

Needs rear spoiler too

turboswede
turboswede UltimaDork
4/28/14 2:48 p.m.

A great start, I agree that it needs just a bit moar low, an air dam or splitter (how cool would that look?) with a rear spoiler or wing.

GTwannaB
GTwannaB Reader
4/28/14 4:26 p.m.

Prat Rod?

jde
jde Reader
4/28/14 9:36 p.m.

Another vote for a modest drop.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
4/28/14 10:12 p.m.

acid dip to lighten it a bit????

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/28/14 10:48 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: acid dip to lighten it a bit????

Already has that, it's called rust!

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
4/29/14 3:45 a.m.

i used to drive this thing everywhere between the spring of 1999 and the fall of 2004, working on it as i got money/inspiration/ambition:

it had stiff (calculated at around 800 lb/in) chopped Moog springs in the front, mystery 5 leaf springs that i found in the trunk of another Nova in a junkyard in the back, C4 Corvette front brakes, 400ish HP under the hood backed with a T10 and 3.70 gears, and got 17mpg if i drove it nice.. it was just "the Nova"... it didn't need any other descriptive terms or even a goofy sounding name- it was just a solid, fun, dependable, and awesome car.

ZOO
ZOO UltraDork
4/29/14 5:04 a.m.
novaderrik wrote: i used to drive this thing everywhere between the spring of 1999 and the fall of 2004, working on it as i got money/inspiration/ambition: it had stiff (calculated at around 800 lb/in) chopped Moog springs in the front, mystery 5 leaf springs that i found in the trunk of another Nova in a junkyard in the back, C4 Corvette front brakes, 400ish HP under the hood backed with a T10 and 3.70 gears, and got 17mpg if i drove it nice.. it was just "the Nova"... it didn't need any other descriptive terms or even a goofy sounding name- it was just a solid, fun, dependable, and awesome car.

That is an awesome car. But to me that generation of Nova is so awkward looking. I'd drive it though.

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo Reader
4/29/14 5:05 a.m.

i dont like the wheels...seems like they should be on a P71 or something...

-J0N

maj75
maj75 Reader
4/29/14 8:10 a.m.
Wally wrote: .

THIS, not that. Not feeling your choice for the wheels. Needs lower and spoilers. I'm not a fan of large diameter wheels on muscle cars, but that's just me. I dig the old TA look with fat 15" wheels and tires with flairs and spoilers.

Gimp
Gimp SuperDork
4/29/14 9:01 a.m.

I have nothing to contribute other than someone else's build.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=34859&page=51

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8dwCkI6K3rWBNHR2Su7ZeKol5IHncSGOTy8R43RAfDTgzJnBDdxJN6izRxv1uSlq