1 2
wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
1/26/21 10:40 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Skinny hard tires.

That works very well. A friend stuck a 283 Chev in his Austin Healey 100 back in the day and left the 60 spoke wire wheels on it. Never broke a spoke as the hard tires simply spun.He must have been a smoke and noise addict as he just drove it that way.  Corners were more of a challenge than they were for most cars, though.

iansane
iansane Reader
1/26/21 10:41 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

+1 for get a medium case diff, since there should be stuff to bolt in and thats the same as the e36 m3. 

Just for clarification, the internals I think are the same but the case is different between the standard e36 and e30 (the ti/z3 cars are another matter, obviously).

mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
1/26/21 10:47 a.m.

Wow BigD has been working on that for almost 7 years. The work done & fabrication is very impressive.  We'll start with the medium case, don't think we'll need the large case.
I knew ya'll would have good answers. Thanks

CatDaddy
CatDaddy New Reader
1/26/21 3:16 p.m.

Having swapped in a 1jz into an e30, and had it live a long time. It all depends on how you drive and your rear tires. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
1/26/21 3:30 p.m.
iansane said:
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

+1 for get a medium case diff, since there should be stuff to bolt in and thats the same as the e36 m3. 

Just for clarification, the internals I think are the same but the case is different between the standard e36 and e30 (the ti/z3 cars are another matter, obviously).

I like the idea of updating to Medium case for my 318ti (relatively straightforward), but they seem to be hard to find here in upper midwest - or else i'm not looking in all the right places! Most e30's went to oblivion a while ago, and I have to believe there were fewer bought in Michigan than most of the rest of the country as well.

mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
1/26/21 5:09 p.m.

There are a bunch on eBay right now.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FqwRMqh6IWtRASuBkYROjcV2thqMNHo1eis4okTAAQ3P3c2IpZVDq7W9AhD88MS8