4 5 6
MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltraDork
6/29/13 6:31 a.m.
novaderrik wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote: id probably be interested. also, while youre at it, ake a solution to hook a tv cable for a 200r4 to the ls, so i can buy it as a package.
i was thinking about this the other day for some reason... i came up with an idea to hook the tv cable to the gas pedal- it's just a matter of figuring out the geometry of where you'd need to hook the cable to the pedal to get the proper travel... i was inspired by the stock kickdown cable setup in my 74 Monte Carlo that went to the pedal instead of the carb... things might get tricky if you are running a DBW setup, tho..

My Dart uses a similar arrangement. Switched the kickdown linkage arrangement to a cable and it was easier to attach the cable to the pedal than the carb when I swapped the single barrel for a two barrel, and that also carried over to the EFI conversion.

The wiring diagrams show the clutch controlled with a relay, so I doubt anything tricky is going on there.

patgizz
patgizz UberDork
6/29/13 9:19 a.m.

http://www.tvmadeez.com/ls1_cam/

install 700r4 or 200-4r tv cable to ls1 cable throttle body/intake. doesnt help for truck intakes but the throttle body bracket would, and you could make a bracket to hold the cable in the correct location

4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WM0UE5DFBcNuEo3GTcQOA3CB5VwbrHXHoL4hMgQYvSgY2H342HXlTOjjeZkYmbKg