Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes Reader
4/21/22 11:23 a.m.

I suppose this has been done here before, but I saw a car this morning outside a local grocery store that got me thinking back to those cars, or trucks, or vans, that were named after fictional characters.   The car in question was a white Honda Fit with PINK wheel covers, pink accent stripes, and a pink rear hatch spoiler.   It wasn't officially badged as such, but my first thought was: The Honda Fit Hello Kitty Edition.

Is there a vehicle you have seen with a theme that invoked a movie, cartoon, action hero?  Example?  Any Chevrolet 4 door sedan, finished in matte black:  the Chevrolet Malibu Matrix Edition.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/21/22 11:31 a.m.

Any BMW with muffler delete:  The Foghorn Leghorn edition.  " I say, boy, pay attention when I'm talkin to ya.  I have important things to say!"

Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
4/21/22 11:42 a.m.

When ever we see someone driving an ex-cop car we call it the Blues Brothers Edition.

j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
4/21/22 12:32 p.m.

Any sporty car that's white with red interior I call "the Speed Racer Edition"

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
4/21/22 1:15 p.m.

Might as well get the easy stuff out of the way regarding modern grille designs: A lot of modern Lexii could pass for The Predator, and a lot of modern BMWs could be one of the pigs from Angry Birds cheeky Not to mention the number of filter-feeding fish cruising around with their gaping maws open (Wishiwashi school form?), I don't think we've quite left the krill grille era behind yet...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/21/22 1:21 p.m.

Funny story... one of the car magazines use that as the byline for a test of the GNX.  Years later, Chevy advertised the Impala SS...

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
4/21/22 1:31 p.m.
Tom1200 said:

When ever we see someone driving an ex-cop car we call it the Blues Brothers Edition.

I wish that was the vibe evoked by more old cop cars. Seems like most of the ones I see lately evoke more of a "prepper/vigilante" thing... So I guess the fictional character vibe they're after is probably The Punisher, but the reality lands closer to Homer the Vigilante...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/21/22 3:16 p.m.

I mean, AMC had an entire car, stock, named after a fictitious character. The Gremlin.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/21/22 3:19 p.m.

Plymouth Roadrunner, Dodge Demon.

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
4/21/22 7:15 p.m.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/21/22 7:18 p.m.

Steve McQueen drove a Mustang in Bullett. John Wick also drove a Mustang.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/21/22 8:10 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

Well, the bad guys drove a Charger, John Wick drove a Charger after he decided to go bad-guy.

Steve McQueen drove a deliberately beat up 390/4-speed Mustang with no frills, like a poorly funded cop living in an apartment eating TV dinners and drinking instant coffee heated with an element would drive.  John Wick drove a Boss 429 like a very rich man would have, and he only cared about getting the card in the glove box back.

John Wick also drove a Chevelle (454SS, I think) after he talked to Aurelio for info he needed to get revenge.  The only parallel I can think of is in the hilariously bad movie Drive Angry, where Nic Cage's character broke out of Hell to get revenge on the people trying to kill his daughter or something, and he drove around in a Chevelle.  It was mostly bad CGI and worse car chases punctuated by proof that William Fichtner really needs to star in movies.

preach
preach UltraDork
8/31/23 5:21 a.m.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
8/31/23 7:42 a.m.

In reply to elizabethsouza :

Hello kitty canoe livery

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/31/23 9:42 a.m.

Hello Kitty Miata