1 2
G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
6/9/15 4:12 p.m.
ea_sport wrote:
G_Body_Man wrote: What about a used Abarth?
Oh the Abarth...it sounds like no 4 cylinder has any rights to..never driven one so not sure how it drives but the sound of an Abarth is so awesome...

Apparently it's way too much fun to drive an Abarth hard. It's like a road-legal kart. 160 horses, snickety 'box, tons of grip, and a love to rev. It's like a 4C, but for $24k.

ea_sport
ea_sport Reader
6/10/15 1:07 p.m.

I am leaning toward the C6 Z51 or Z4 M Coupe with the Z4 being harder to find. Gotta do some test driving this weekend

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
6/11/15 9:20 p.m.

Love the Z4 M coupe.

Don't forget the Solstice/Sky. Easy to mod for 350 + bhp

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
6/11/15 9:34 p.m.

A turbocharged NC isn't the answer?

pres589
pres589 UberDork
6/11/15 9:39 p.m.

In reply to ea_sport:

Built turbocharged AW11?

ea_sport
ea_sport Reader
6/16/15 9:45 a.m.

Man...so many choices.. I think I have that American V8 itch that I need to scratch lol.. As far as the C6 Z51, is there any year that I need to avoid? Somehow I heard that I need to avoid the '05 because it has lots of teething issues but then the '08 also has engine oil starvation issue during track days...any truth to this?

gtoben
gtoben New Reader
6/16/15 3:15 p.m.
ea_sport wrote: Man...so many choices.. I think I have that American V8 itch that I need to scratch lol.. As far as the C6 Z51, is there any year that I need to avoid? Somehow I heard that I need to avoid the '05 because it has lots of teething issues but then the '08 also has engine oil starvation issue during track days...any truth to this?

You may want to look at the 08+ C6 as they come with the LS3 engine vs the LS2 in the earlier C6s. More displacement, more power, and respond better to power mods should you want more . The oil starvation issue isn't limited to just one model year, it impacts all LS engines during high RPM, high G, long duration turns - running extra oil during track days is a simple thing that can be done to mitigate this risk (lots more info on some of the corvette specific forums). As for AutoX, I believe the most competitive C6 in A-Street is the Grand Sport; the better gearing apparently makes up for the missing power from the C6Z but all of the C6s will be a ton of fun.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q00MrzaRGqEVnVYQKqcEy6m6hLOWKWnfjxWd0pKU4cElcXWXeNqfviSvzzfOg4jW