1 2
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
2/19/21 4:00 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Typ85 said:

Audi and VW's have the same issue with their strut suspension, the cure is installing "ball joint extenders" 

Somehow, the companies that used to make these no longer make them.

Curious, isn't it?

because the demand went away as the market shrank to those that have them and use them and those that no longer own/drive those cars.

They also had a tendency to break off.

The fascinating part, is that when they would break, people complained... that they couldn't buy replacements.

Benswen
Benswen Reader
2/19/21 5:15 p.m.
Tom1200 said:

In reply to Matt B (fs) :

Mine was a Mk1.  I can't remember which one of the posts explained the difference between the Mk2 and the Mk1 and after reading it it clicked as to why I prefer Miatas.

RE: Miatas vs. MR2's.  I've had long term experience in a '97 Miata and  a '91 Mr2 non-turbo.  The Miata is a better car, the MR2 is a cooler car.  Miata was better on the road, MR2 is better on the track.   I sold the Miata, will never sell the MR2.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/19/21 9:54 p.m.
Benswen said:
  The Miata is a better car, the MR2 is a cooler car. 

Nailed it.

BrianC72gt (Forum Supporter)
BrianC72gt (Forum Supporter) New Reader
4/2/21 11:33 p.m.

I don't suppose there is space for a custom cross-member to raise the inner mounting points and get the roll center out of the basement on a lowered setup?  Chassis rails in the way?  Who am I kidding, I'm clueless.  I'm grateful for the work you and Wilhelm are doing.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VkJJZDMqr5hp1mxAnwdHVM7ctB29crSTMtFh3VtuUFVjPXQhsgFvaE6HEsqzPl5v