2 3 4 5 6
759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
5/18/22 7:21 p.m.

You owe it to yourself and Carli to sneak down to Valley Pkwy at early thirty in the morning and carve some apex's . wink.......back when I still lived in NE Ohio my buds and I would tear around the Rocky River portion in our matching year MGB/GT's just sayin'......

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/18/22 7:34 p.m.

The park rangers would probably arrest me or i'd take a deer through the windshield

Planning to take it to the Out Motorsports trackcross in October as long as it doesn't clash with Carli's speaking engagement in Rhode Island.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/18/22 9:57 p.m.

Not going to lie, that Sound has me looking at what cheapish small inline sixes I can find that can take to boost.  (Answer: M20)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
5/19/22 7:06 a.m.

Weird coincidence but one of these was following me for a while on my way home from work yesterday- my MR2 is not quiet and I could still hear turbos wooshing back there over my own exhaust.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/19/22 10:06 a.m.

Gimp sent me this Sunday morning after never having seen one in the wild 

i started a thing? 

my new drivers side mirror glass is out for delivery, $35 shipped on the backing piece ready to install. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/19/22 1:59 p.m.

Fixed broken mirror 

working on hood 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/21/22 12:25 p.m.

went to cars and coffee, a Delorean parked next to us. The kids were pumped because Delorean.

also saw a TVR and a Jensen Interceptor as well as a gorgeous Datsun

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/22/22 7:53 a.m.

Did some math last night because highway rpm seems high.  Like a hair under 3500rpm@65 with a .752 5th gear.  My calculations pointed at a 5.13ish ratio, and Kuma found that there's an aftermarket gearset for the R200 that comes in 5.143. That puts it at 3411 with 24.7" tire. 

things keep getting more interesting 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/22/22 8:10 a.m.

You can say that again!

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/22/22 10:11 a.m.

Guess that partially explains the 'light up tires constantly or whenever thete is boost' feature. 

Maybe the PO used it for pulling stumps?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/22/22 10:46 a.m.

In reply to XLR99 (Forum Supporter) :

Speed limits in Japan can be remarkably low.  IIRC the Loop Route that the kanjozoku street racers used (see sticker just behind the newly applied GRM sticker) has a 60km/h speed limit.  Might be wrong on that, but I do remember being kinda shocked.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
5/22/22 11:00 a.m.

Man this is such a cool car and story. Congratulations!

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/22/22 12:13 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Ah, that explains it, thanks for the context!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/22/22 1:13 p.m.

In reply to XLR99 (Forum Supporter) :

If driven mildly aggressively as I get more comfortable shifting left handed, it will light the tires on the 2-3.  Just the right amount of power for me.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/24/22 2:03 p.m.

Today I learned about the difference between  BSPT and NPT pipe fittings. 

oil and filter coming today, tee for proper oil pressure gauge coming tomorrow, proper oil pressure gauge coming thursday for peace of mind. Car is down for service till then as I've removed the factory sending unit(known for sucking) and drained the oil.  Oil was clean with no sparkles but I would prefer to know exactly what oil is in the engine because rb26dett are not cheap to replace. 

dash has the 4 gauges on passenger side seen in Andy's pic, the 2 on left are non functional tachs that PO put in to fill the holes. I appreciate the move, but I'd have left the holes over a pair of chrome tachs. One will get replaced with real oil pressure gauge and i'll find something functional for the other hole. 

while underneath I confirmed the Ohlins coilovers, noticed it has heim jointed adjustable lower control arm tension rods, a gorgeous mandrel bent stainless downpipe, and confirmed this car has absolutely zero rust. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/24/22 5:42 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

and yet there are no photos of this glorious exhaust system smiley

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/24/22 6:38 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

wartburg still occupies the lift.  It's also very hard to be patient for parts to come in, but I don't trust the factory oil pressure gauge so I think I can wait a couple more days. New filter on and oil filled. Got a little 90's dressy to go with the clear timing cover and put the aluminum oil cap from my spare vh45de on. 

pretty sure the GTR and z32 300zx TT use the same pads, so I can get some ceramic pads for less dust pretty inexpensive and quickly, once I sell some more stuff 

Currently sitting in the garage staring at it

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/25/22 6:43 p.m.

Got my tee.  1/8 bspt female and male with a female 1/8 npt. Installed it with the factory sender and a temporary mechanical gauge while I wait for the new electric one. We're good, have excellent oil pressure, and oddly enough the factory gauge is reading higher. It's not as high as the mechanical gauge, but it's functional. New electrical gauge coming in tomorrow but I have to work so maybe this weekend.

It feels good to stop being paranoid. Motor is healthy, celebrated by going for a drive 

RabidBullFrog
RabidBullFrog New Reader
5/26/22 4:00 a.m.

I finally got mine out of the garage last weekend. Now preparing for a track day at MidOhio this weekend. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/29/22 5:21 p.m.

Did a normal car thing today, it's now a grocery getter 

it can fit a 2cf bag of potting soil and $140 worth of groceries in the trunk and close with room to spare. 

last night we took it to the big local car night spot and ran into Rand (Sofa_King) and his LS6 europa! 

I've put more than 2% of the miles this car now has on it since purchase 2 weeks ago

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
5/29/22 5:40 p.m.
Patrick said:

I've put more than 2% of the miles this car now has on it since purchase 2 weeks ago

Miles?  I thought this thing only had Kilometers?  cool wink

RabidBullFrog
RabidBullFrog New Reader
6/4/22 7:33 p.m.

Had a great day! 2 car shows and I got to meet a fourm member! Turbos and Tacos was a bust. The taco truck didn't have tacos!?! But plenty of turbos present! GRM had to do our part by bringing 2 twins. It was nice meeting you Patrick. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
6/4/22 8:19 p.m.

Love the pic with your kid smiling ear to ear in the driver's seat!  Great meeting you!

burrito bowl was very very good and mustang jackwad didn't hit us so it was a win. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
6/5/22 6:43 a.m.
Patrick said:

Love the pic with your kid smiling ear to ear in the driver's seat!  Great meeting you!

burrito bowl was very very good and mustang jackwad didn't hit us so it was a win. 

Pssst, that's not the drivers seat... lol. Loving all this Skyline happiness.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
6/5/22 8:14 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Brain conditioning from being American too long, i still head to the wrong door once in a while

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DdpzMoqUqKDdHrnBzoXtB7yEOlMGgubjr9s5qoYLmp0HFeUHEClEA8Ue22yo9IaG