3 4 5
bigben
bigben Reader
4/4/20 5:16 p.m.
nimblemotorsports said:
cmcgregor said:
nimblemotorsports said:

Or something more 'racey'?   1970 Open GT  $1200  was really tempted on this one, but I already have a MG Midget, need another car I can't fit in?  NO

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/pleasant-hill-1970-opal-gt-project-car/7100177891.html

I almost posted that one too but decided to leave it at 2. Tempting!

I keep going back to it....oh no.  I have the RX8 that has back fees due and wouldn't this be a sweet body to drop down onto a RX8 chassis??     HELP, take away my car trailer, please!

I've already got one but would love to build another. Good thing it's too many states away.

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
4/4/20 5:38 p.m.

This.

1SlowVW
1SlowVW Reader
4/4/20 5:53 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve (FS) :

Gotta be a scam. Or missing a zero.

No Time
No Time Dork
4/4/20 5:57 p.m.

In reply to 1SlowVW :

I've seen a lot of ads on FB with a zero missing in the listing, but the higher price in the description. I'm guessing they are trying to get more views, but I find it annoying because it creates more to sort through.

On Edit: it's a scam

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
4/4/20 6:12 p.m.

A scam? On Craigslist? 

My world is truly upside down now!

I figured it was a broken odometer and sitting in a field with the pic from 10 years ago.

No Time
No Time Dork
4/4/20 6:20 p.m.
Bent-Valve (FS) said:

A scam? On Craigslist? 

My world is truly upside down now!

I figured it was a broken odometer and sitting in a field with the pic from 10 years ago.

The world has reached a new low when the scammers start making their way onto craigslist.  

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/4/20 6:31 p.m.

I shared my plan in the most recent vitual happy hour. It'll be over a month's worth of stimulus, and I won't be able to go snag it until interstate travel is easy again, but it's definitely the most "me" vehicle ever. 

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
4/4/20 7:20 p.m.

I goofed and got distracted and missed the meeting.

I won't buy anything until I have work again. I have enough projects I shouldn't buy anything then either.

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
4/5/20 1:08 a.m.

2 w124 coupes for $900 each or $1500 for both

Who trying to go half with me? I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they're available lol

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/5/20 9:56 a.m.

I'd go in "all"if they were close enough for a one day trip. Add $1k a car for shipping and, eh.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/5/20 11:29 a.m.

Married filing jointly and we snuck in just below the 100% threshold, plus 1 kid, so we should be getting $2900.  No jalopies here, but I got $ approved for the TIG and a new toolbox so no complaints.  We are also going to sink some $ into the house later this year.

EDIT: but I think I'll get my nephew's 1990 325is because it's just been sitting in my sister's yard for about 3 years now, so I guess put me down for +1 jalopy after all.

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VDungUKfN63BFX4rzZFflC7brbsjy7oythXUdyN6qn3AjJqm01OZWrAlVSpwNr5q