1 2 3 4
Raze
Raze UltraDork
3/27/20 2:24 p.m.

Stock, so when the market rebounds you can buy a $10,000 jalopy with your $1200 check...

monark192
monark192 HalfDork
3/27/20 3:11 p.m.

In reply to L5wolvesf :

Re raise you 4 more cylinders.

 

Need to bring your own wheels tho....

"1976 Jaguar XJS V-12 engine. It has been up on jackstands for 18 years. The car looks complete and maybe worth restoring, except it has no wheels. The wheels in the picture are from my 1999 XK8. I used them to get the car home, but they are back on my other car now. The car is not as shiny as the pictures, it had just rained the day I took those pictures. $800"

 

76 XJS V12

 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/27/20 3:24 p.m.

Mine is just going into my current jalopy tow pig.  AC condenser, fuel pump, and steering gearbox.   frownWheeee 

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Reader
3/27/20 4:21 p.m.
monark192 said:

In reply to L5wolvesf :

Re raise you 4 more cylinders.

 

Need to bring your own wheels tho....

"1976 Jaguar XJS V-12 engine. It has been up on jackstands for 18 years. The car looks complete and maybe worth restoring, except it has no wheels. The wheels in the picture are from my 1999 XK8. I used them to get the car home, but they are back on my other car now. The car is not as shiny as the pictures, it had just rained the day I took those pictures. $800"

 

76 XJS V12

 

Poker face emoji . . . I raise you 4 (maybe 6) wheels and many more lug nuts. 

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/mesa-1982-ford-centurion-rare-460/7096023651.html 

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/27/20 4:53 p.m.

I do love this board. The world is at a standstill, the government gives us some money to help us survive and all we can think of is what car should we buy. LOL and the answer is rat Miata or Spitfire. Although I did get offered a usable A2 GTI yesterday for $200!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
3/27/20 4:54 p.m.
Tim Suddard said:

I do love this board. The world is at a standstill, the government gives us some money to help us survive and all we can think of is what car should we buy. LOL and the answer is rat Miata or Spitfire. Although I did get offered a usable A2 GTI yesterday for $200!

Well, duh. How is a man supposed to survive on (counts on fingers) only five cars?!?

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
3/27/20 4:57 p.m.
moxnix said:
Tyler H said:

I have a feeling we're about to have a whole lot of fun cars to choose from for a couple of months.  I was hoping to get some new tires with my stimulus check, but I don't get one for round 1 of the economic stimulus game.

I'll ante up with a $1200 MR-S.

Just sent that one to my wife.  Lets see how much trouble that gets me into.

If they are anything like Miatas then you need multiples. 

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
3/27/20 5:01 p.m.

I'll just buy parts for the 12 cars I already own. 

*checks craigslist*

Well berkeley. 

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/columbus-1987-nissan-maxima/7095173936.html

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/27/20 5:06 p.m.
Tim Suddard said:

I do love this board. The world is at a standstill, the government gives us some money to help us survive and all we can think of is what car should we buy. LOL and the answer is rat Miata or Spitfire. Although I did get offered a usable A2 GTI yesterday for $200!

You rat bastard!  That's like my dream car.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
3/27/20 5:41 p.m.
L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Reader
3/27/20 5:45 p.m.
cmcgregor said:

"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro"

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-renault-r/7091867927.html

1

 

Who in their right mind would want a baby poo green car. Oh, sorry, forgot where I am. Carry on.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
3/27/20 5:51 p.m.

When I go on marketplade for a joke search,  and find a truck I legitimately really want. 

I'm gonna stay off marketplace for a bit now.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/27/20 5:53 p.m.

Oh berkeley I have more cars than evan.  
 

we have 13 cars i'm not playing this game because i fear i will buy more.  

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/27/20 6:10 p.m.
Patrick said:

Oh berkeley I have more cars than evan.  

I just want this quote recorded for posterity.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/27/20 6:10 p.m.
Daylan C said:

When I go on marketplade for a joke search,  and find a truck I legitimately really want. 

I'm gonna stay off marketplace for a bit now.

I have a perfect front bumper somewhere in my barn

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Dork
3/27/20 6:10 p.m.
Patrick said:

Oh berkeley I have more cars than evan.  
 

we have 13 cars i'm not playing this game because i fear i will buy more.  

Do it. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
3/27/20 6:13 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

The tow pig is currently down, the trailer needs tires, and I have 3 other cars screaming for my money. Otherwise I'd probably have me another truck this weekend.

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
3/27/20 6:20 p.m.
EvanB said:
moxnix said:
Tyler H said:

I have a feeling we're about to have a whole lot of fun cars to choose from for a couple of months.  I was hoping to get some new tires with my stimulus check, but I don't get one for round 1 of the economic stimulus game.

I'll ante up with a $1200 MR-S.

Just sent that one to my wife.  Lets see how much trouble that gets me into.

If they are anything like Miatas then you need multiples. 

I tried explaining that but she does not like mr2s for some reason.  

gumby
gumby HalfDork
3/27/20 6:26 p.m.
Patrick said:
i'm not playing this game because i fear i will buy more.  

Picked mine out last week, and I'm trying not to play this game because we are supposed to be staying-at-home not gallivanting about interacting with sellers...

Katya4me
Katya4me New Reader
3/27/20 6:48 p.m.
Patrick said:

Oh berkeley I have more cars than evan.  
 

we have 13 cars i'm not playing this game because i fear i will buy more.  

Ditto, I've got 2 cars lined up to go away once we're back to normal which will bring us down to 11.  Until then, I'm not feeling a lot of interest in that MR-S.

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
3/27/20 7:07 p.m.

I just counted, turns out I only have 11 cars. Who knew?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/27/20 7:36 p.m.

Oh crap evan, i missed one we have 14.  

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
3/27/20 7:39 p.m.

In reply to cmcgregor :

*Golf clap*

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
3/27/20 8:02 p.m.
chandler said:
Daylan C said:

When I go on marketplade for a joke search,  and find a truck I legitimately really want. 

I'm gonna stay off marketplace for a bit now.

I have a perfect front bumper somewhere in my barn

Ok, berk. I might be in touch with you about that bumper. I messaged the seller.

I'm weak, square Dodges are my crack and I haven't had a good fix since I sold my D350.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa HalfDork
3/27/20 8:17 p.m.
1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
gk81vX0JUZdYWaS1lvh4Ki7D40XecevtorPiZh4DdJyH9sh4qtCHSmSJpRLZf0ND