2 3 4 5 6
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Reader
7/6/10 12:42 p.m.

gotta love the Ayrton Senna quote. My father and I both said what a whiney little bitch he was after that. Irvine was racing him exceptionally well, admittedly to stay on the lead lap, but what was he supposed to do, just move the feck over? I seem to remember it was a rainy day, so a ballsy lucky driver could do well in a not so good car - Senna should have remembered the opening lap at Donnington in the European GP to have known that. Plus we Ulstermen are not great respecters of the high and mighty. Didn't his McLaren mechanics hang some boxing gloves on his wing mirrors after that, and then he had another whole snit.

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
7/6/10 12:45 p.m.

" This is Travis Pastrana in a nutshell. He makes the rest of humanity look like a bunch of neutered poodles." - Sam Smith's coverage of the Sno*drift Rally

fastmiata
fastmiata Reader
7/6/10 4:50 p.m.

Dont quit your day job - Bruce McInnes said to my whole class at my Skippy school

Who do you think that you are, Mario Andretti?? - Sebring police officer also at my Skippy school when he stopped a classmate in the early morning hours while still wearing his driving suit

erohslc
erohslc Reader
7/6/10 6:24 p.m.

Have not yet seen this classic: "When the green flag drops, the bullE36 M3 stops"

Woody
Woody SuperDork
7/6/10 6:40 p.m.

Dirt's for racing. Asphalt's for getting there.

Coneman
Coneman New Reader
7/6/10 7:43 p.m.

I can't remember where I read this quote but an unknown rally driver said regarding the handling of his car on a stage " If I don't have to look out the back window then the handling is fine".

cwaters
cwaters New Reader
7/6/10 8:28 p.m.

There are two kinds or rally drivers: Those who've rolled and those who will. ----?

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
7/6/10 8:40 p.m.

" You know, I have never been in a roll over accident before!" - Joel Blatchford (joey48442) while riding ballast at a rallycross in Mid Michigan as I was tailing out and about to miss a fence about 20 yards of course.

mw
mw HalfDork
7/6/10 8:50 p.m.

I piss excellence! - Ricky Bobby

dean1484
dean1484 Dork
7/6/10 8:59 p.m.

Drive until you can just get a glimpse of god and then back it down a 1/10th.

Physics.. . . The Silent Killer.

Cheep, Fast and Reliable.. .. You can only have two.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy Reader
7/6/10 9:05 p.m.

Gasoline is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking. Nitro is for racing.

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 New Reader
7/6/10 9:47 p.m.

Oviously-"I WAS 7th!!!!!!" (watch the you tube video, the driver is now doing really well in SM in my region)

"IWhen you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.''-Ayrton Senna

and me and my freinds quote from a YouTube video "I dont givva SH*T!!!"

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
7/6/10 10:05 p.m.
John Brown wrote: " You know, I have never been in a roll over accident before!" - Joel Blatchford (joey48442) while riding ballast at a rallycross in Mid Michigan as I was tailing out and about to miss a fence about 20 yards of course.

I was at that event...and I think this has to be the fourth time you have quoted that on this board...

still funny though.

RicHerber
RicHerber New Reader
7/6/10 10:24 p.m.

Another way to describe WFO:

Balls out and belly to the ground!

Jay_W
Jay_W HalfDork
7/6/10 10:58 p.m.

"I was going very fast, yah, ah, faster than I could see, and then it was 90 left and I rolled it"--Hannu Mikkola
"Monseur Bentley builds the fastest trucks in Europe" -- Ettore Bugatti
and my alltime favorite, " If you guys had any balls, you'd race back down this mountain!" -- Michelle Mouton after winning Pike's Peak

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
7/6/10 11:17 p.m.
Platinum90 wrote:
John Brown wrote: " You know, I have never been in a roll over accident before!" - Joel Blatchford (joey48442) while riding ballast at a rallycross in Mid Michigan as I was tailing out and about to miss a fence about 20 yards of course.
I was at that event...and I think this has to be the fourth time you have quoted that on this board... still funny though.

It may be the fifth. Joel has NEVER gone racing with me since. I need a baconator.

gibthy
gibthy
7/7/10 12:23 a.m.

I've always enjoyed (and of course, never subscribed to) the saying: "there are cheaters and there are losers"

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
7/7/10 12:25 a.m.

"If you don't want me to drive on it, you shouldn't pave it."
-Mario Andretti, discussing some weird rule about a painted line at the Indy 500 in the mid 1990s.

Shaun
Shaun Reader
7/7/10 12:43 a.m.

of corners, someone clever said- "in like a lark, out like a lion."

devilboy
devilboy New Reader
7/7/10 6:51 a.m.

My racing instructor as we are heading down the straight approaching turn 1 with faster cars attempting to overtake...

"Don't slow down, make them earn it!"

glueguy
glueguy New Reader
7/7/10 8:50 a.m.
fastmiata wrote: Who do you think that you are, Mario Andretti?? - Sebring police officer also at my Skippy school when he stopped a classmate in the early morning hours while still wearing his driving suit

Thanks for providing a flashback. Late 80's, driving up I-85 to Road Atlanta early Sunday morning for day two of a Solo I time trial. Off in the distance, flashing lights on the side of the road. As I approach, I realize it is the new very enthusiastic racer who bought the ex-Bob Postell SSB Peugot 505 turbo, still with numbers and graphics, standing next to the car on the side of the road wearing his Nomex driving suit. Hard to talk your way out of that one, methinks......

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
7/7/10 9:07 a.m.

"Back up. Turn that piece of E36 M3 around, and don't ever come back." - Atlanta Dragway employee.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
7/7/10 9:10 a.m.

"You were absolutely hauling ass the last time I lapped you!"

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
7/7/10 9:13 a.m.

"It's our job to cheat; it's their job to catch us."

~Smokey Yunick

lewbud
lewbud Reader
7/7/10 12:45 p.m.

Seen on the back of a trailer at a vintage event:

If it goes fast or wears panties, you can't afford it.

In a racecar, shift happens.

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zhuZMBZxTi1nrnTKOlConFuhbBL2Lc0WtSpLlljkOV6IMYzBEiAKcyFNRsggIhAr