1 2
Tom1200
Tom1200 UberDork
11/10/22 3:40 p.m.

I would drive it at open test days from time to time but then hire a proper driver for big race weekends so that fans could see the thing at true race speeds.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/10/22 4:06 p.m.

If I could afford this I would buy a plane.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/10/22 4:20 p.m.

On second thought.....a hot lap of the 610 loop around H'town at say 3:30am ish

msterbeau
msterbeau Reader
11/10/22 4:30 p.m.

"What kind of trouble would you cause with a Formula 1 car?"

Yes.

egoman
egoman Reader
11/10/22 6:51 p.m.

LS swap it!

WHAT????? Did I say something wrong?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/10/22 7:33 p.m.

In reply to egoman :

Why not just buy a Formula 5000 instead?

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/129370/f5000-lola-t332c

Toebra
Toebra Dork
11/10/22 7:38 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

What's the point in buying the car and then paying someone else to drive it?

I'd get it on track, because that it was it is built to do. Anything else would be rendering it pointless.

Exactly   

This thinking is sort of like people buying a car, then not driving it, so as to not put too many miles on it and hurt the value. 

Any cool car I get, I want it totally worn out for the next guy.

johndej
johndej SuperDork
11/10/22 9:48 p.m.

If I could support the running costs and depending on the era, track that e36 m3 everywhere setting lap records like porsche did with their LMP car.

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
11/10/22 11:58 p.m.

Yes, the insane person that we keep locked up in our heads could do a lot of interesting things with an F1 car...

There are a few YT videos of people taking their shifter karts out on public streets, sometimes even on the freeway. They're freaken awesome...

My car, Midlana, was low enough that a couple times, I considered doing a lane change - under an 18-wheeler... just to be able to say that I did...

But we're all adults and such thoughts are rarely executed.

j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
11/11/22 12:30 a.m.
te72
te72 HalfDork
11/11/22 12:59 a.m.

Hypothetical fantasy world meaning I could treat this thing like a regular car, I would definitely get up to some trouble. I would definitely autocross it, because why not? Less than ideal, sure, but that's probably my favorite sport behind the wheel.

Reality of it being that you'd probably have to press the throttle with your big toe, gently, at most, in most situations. Would probably be less fun than it seems.

Actual plan that may happen eventually: K24 of some variety from 4P Racing, an HGT sequential, and our Exocet. Banish all the rubber from the suspension. A7's on 15x13's. Seems like a good fit. Anyone wanna throw $40k my way to make it happen? =P

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
11/11/22 7:41 a.m.
jimbob_racing said:

Fantasy answer.

If billionaire Tony Stark can jump into his vintage formula car at the Monaco Historics and go racing, so can we!

Actual answer. 

This car is a work of art and historically significant. Plus I do not possess the skills to drive this car so instead I'd get rid of all my dining room furniture and park it right inside my house where I could see it every day and lovingly wipe it down with all cotton rags coated with Griots Quick Detailer.

I like the way you think.   We have no idea of what the ground effects would allow it to do so any of us attempting to drive it anywhere near its potential  is going to be silly and to drive a car that well engineered at less than its potential is insulting.  

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
11/11/22 7:59 a.m.

Does it count as stock rear for rally cross? 

Although trying to reproduce the F&F under a semi scene could be fun. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TqseMfxckuGp4truVZHCFVTSQ1fM0lB9kc23ecU9FDSk536nu4k5mwC7YPnT1MAG