Papabishop
Papabishop Reader
11/4/18 5:18 p.m.

Curious what’s opinion on theses. I’ve always wanted first gen R/T but they are hard to find near me. Found an 04 r/t 5 spd with 171k on it, guy asking 3 but willing to take $2000 for it. I’m cheap ass though seems like a lot of miles, even for $2k. Anyone know how good/bad these are to live with?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
11/4/18 5:38 p.m.

My brother in law had one. Great car, ton of fun to drive. Keep it full of oil unlike him. 

D2W
D2W HalfDork
11/5/18 9:27 a.m.

I've had several neons. 3 of my kids drove them though two were srt4s. My daughter currently drives a 2003 base model. I paid $2900 but it was in perfect condition with only 110K miles. I have never had a problem with the engines, they seem pretty bullet proof with standard maintenance. I do think her auto tranny is starting to go.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
11/5/18 3:26 p.m.

1g > 2g in most sporting regards but the 2g RT is a good car in its own right that is overshadowed by the fact that the 1g and SRT4 exist. 

I wouldn't care about the mileage at all. There's nothing about these that isn't cheap to fix unless you totally ruin the semi-rare cylinder head. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/5/18 3:48 p.m.

300K on a original motor and even head gasket, watch oil and make sure timing belt and water pump is up to date. 

The Mag motor is a gem within its self. I adore 2g ACR/RTs.  

Edit: I DD this car. I drive 40k a year in this car. AC is ice cold, heat will cook you, its quick enough for a DD and drives great on the back roads. When it breaks it never cost more than a couple hundred bucks also.

Papabishop
Papabishop Reader
11/5/18 8:08 p.m.

Good to hear they’re good reliable car. From pics car seems to be in good shape, besides what seems like clear coat peeling. But it is 14 year old car.  

Was planning on going to look st car tomorrow but owner not available until Friday. Been on lookout for second DD that I can also start auto x with too. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uidIOHsEWzAQtRZOMsOwINVlBTRgPPHEepVXLM1azLQVkIPWlowGN7XFipSSpLBZ