1 2
MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
10/18/12 9:21 a.m.
dlmater wrote: Try this link I sold an older BMW catalytic converter to them last year for $180 and they paid shipping. Take a picture of the converter and email it to them with the car model information and they will give you a quote.

I took a picture and sent it to them with a short text message.In less than 5 minutes they just offered me "Regular Import" price of $95 for my 1983 911 catalytic with 1 of the 3 bricks missing. Sounds better than dealing with the yahoos at the local yard who pay less and don't even understand their own rules despite them being on a sign on the wall.

patgizz
patgizz UltraDork
10/18/12 6:54 p.m.

i sold the one from my sonoma for $125 on ebay.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy SuperDork
10/18/12 8:22 p.m.

I am about to try taking a few to the scrapper here in NC.

I'll let you know what happens.

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
10/18/12 9:17 p.m.

I found a guy on CL who came to the house and picked them up. $115 each for the BMW cats, and $70 for the Honda one, plus $5 for each of the scrap batteries I had. Even if could have received more, I only had to spend about 5 minutes doing it, and he gave me cash.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
10/19/12 9:04 a.m.

I have a bunch of them laying around from different cars and exhaust systems I have scrapped.

I think I have two BMW cats, one saab, and a Fiat spider one

THe Yugo might not be a brick inside.. Fiat was fond of pellets

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UberDork
10/19/12 10:03 a.m.

I have 2 stock Mustang H-pipes that are in usable condition. Only one problem, neither one fits my car!

Would I get in trouble selling them on a Mustang forum?

What would one reasonably ask for such a thing?

Note, these pipes have 6 cats EACH.

NorseDave
NorseDave Reader
11/9/21 8:38 p.m.

Any updates on this now 9-year-old thread?  I seem to recall my local scrap metal place having verbage explicitly saying they don't accept cats for recycling.  Just pulled one off to replace the whole exhaust system (including a new cat) and when I went to look up something for the new one, which I bought .... err ..... nearly 2 years ago blush the same model went from ~$100 when I bought it to $240 now.  Yikes.  

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
11/9/21 8:55 p.m.

I found a guy on facebook marketplace who claimed he had the highest payment for catalytic converters. I messaged him, he asked for a pic showing the code, and he came a few days later and gave me $320. Cat was off of an 05 Pontiac Vibe GT (toyota matrix).

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7ChdLaMsr9adRmHIRDU90sdKiVpN6MsZbhpziWDJh9b3kxlyHa3Fse2cZTRVMVsA