1 2 3 4
DaveEstey
DaveEstey Dork
6/26/12 5:17 p.m.

Craigslist rims.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UltraDork
6/26/12 5:25 p.m.

$100 pays the fine you get for not having a front plate... that'd be my winner.

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
6/26/12 5:32 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
Javelin wrote: some Rebel Alliance stickers, and a Millennium Falcon decal.
Find a good vector format image (.ai or .eps format) of either of those and send it to me and you can have those without damaging your $100 budget
Soooo doing that! Thanks man!
ThePhranc wrote: In reply to Javelin: I may have those eps files already. I can check tomorrow.

Cool, email to jim at misfittoysracing dot com if you have them (or if you find them Javelin) and let me know color and dimensions and where to send 'em

I have most basic colors here black, white, red, yellow. Have a few others so let me know what you are looking for if its not one of those and I'll see if I have it

aussiesmg
aussiesmg PowerDork
6/26/12 5:36 p.m.

Debadge and lower

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
6/26/12 5:37 p.m.

Actually I found the one for the Rebel Alliance.

What were you looking for for the Millennium Falcon? Just a silhouette? or is there another decal out there Im missing?

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/26/12 5:46 p.m.

A silhouette of the Falcon would rock!

I'm thinking red Rebel Alliance decals for each rear side window, and maybe one for the back, but that's where I want the Falcon (but in gunmetal, grey, or black).

I'm considering one of these, too:

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
6/26/12 5:51 p.m.

Still looking for a silhoutte in the right format. Give me measurements on what your window sizes are and shoot me an email with your addy, I'll try to knock them out in a week or so.

Jaynen
Jaynen Reader
6/26/12 5:56 p.m.

Tint and lowering would be the two biggest things if possible.

Of course i think Tint cost me a couple hundred

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Dork
6/26/12 6:00 p.m.

If you can't find and eps or ai I can vectorize a high rez jpeg... I can do low rez but it takes more work and I'm a little busy at work.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/26/12 6:01 p.m.

Dude, you guys seriously rock!! Beers on me if'n you ever travel through Portland.

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
6/26/12 6:05 p.m.
ThePhranc wrote: If you can't find and eps or ai I can vectorize a high rez jpeg... I can do low rez but it takes more work and I'm a little busy at work.

yeah, I was thinking for a silhouette it wouldn't be bad to vectorize but I'm having trouble finding even a good high rez .jpg

Will
Will Dork
6/26/12 6:13 p.m.

Yellow headlight film/translucent paint for a Euro rally look? Krylon or Duplicolor sells a paint designed for the stained glass look that should be right.

I've been thinking of trying that on a car or two I have with faded/yellowed headlights.

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
6/26/12 6:20 p.m.
JThw8 wrote:
ThePhranc wrote: If you can't find and eps or ai I can vectorize a high rez jpeg... I can do low rez but it takes more work and I'm a little busy at work.
yeah, I was thinking for a silhouette it wouldn't be bad to vectorize but I'm having trouble finding even a good high rez .jpg

Found one, it converted easy. All set to cut, looked for charcoal grey but no go, plenty of black and I have an interesting "black chrome" diamond plate look.

Just need your sizes

Knurled
Knurled SuperDork
6/26/12 6:25 p.m.

AutoZone sells some pimptacular double-bladed wiper blades.

Just sayin'.

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
6/26/12 6:50 p.m.

red out those tails, for one. And for that car, you need some of those magnetic ribbons that say things like "Fight for the Cure" or "Support our Troops."

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/26/12 6:54 p.m.
irish44j wrote: you need some of those magnetic ribbons that say things like "Fight for the Cure" or "Support our Troops."

The tailgates on Mazda5's are plastic dude. Lighter and none of that soccer mom crap will stick!

Knurled
Knurled SuperDork
6/26/12 6:55 p.m.
irish44j wrote: red out those tails, for one. And for that car, you need some of those magnetic ribbons that say things like "Fight for the Cure" or "Support our Troops."

You can also cut them up and make nines, sixes, ones, and zeros. Also eights if you double them up!

failboat
failboat Dork
6/26/12 7:35 p.m.
Will wrote: Yellow headlight film/translucent paint for a Euro rally look? Krylon or Duplicolor sells a paint designed for the stained glass look that should be right. I've been thinking of trying that on a car or two I have with faded/yellowed headlights.

+1 for the Krylon stained glass paint, I did my foglights years ago and they still look good.

AutoXR
AutoXR HalfDork
6/26/12 7:52 p.m.

Mustangs front hood had the dreaded aluminum corrosion that they all seem to get. Sanded out the corrosion on the lip with a high speed disc , then sanded it down with 320 - 400-600 - 1000.. primed it and wrapped it in vinyl.

$60.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy SuperDork
6/26/12 8:03 p.m.

Grey body sealer and a bit of vinyl.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/26/12 8:27 p.m.

In reply to JThw8:

Does the vinyl stick well to a rough "textured" plastic? If so, two 2" diameter Rebel insignias in Gloss Red will work for the front a-pillar black outs.

If not, then 4" diameter in GLoss Red (again, x2) for the rear quarter windows, please.

The Falcon in "black chrome" would be cool. About 4" x 3" or so (just make the longest side no longer than 4", I'm unsure of the lengthxwidth on a Corellian Freighter.)

Rock on!

JThw8
JThw8 UberDork
6/26/12 8:42 p.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to JThw8: Does the vinyl stick well to a rough "textured" plastic? If so, two 2" diameter Rebel insignias in Gloss Red will work for the front a-pillar black outs. If not, then 4" diameter in GLoss Red (again, x2) for the rear quarter windows, please. The Falcon in "black chrome" would be cool. About 4" x 3" or so (just make the longest side no longer than 4", I'm unsure of the lengthxwidth on a Corellian Freighter.) Rock on!

It depends on how deep the texture is but it will usually stick, just wipe it down with alcohol first and apply it when its warm so it "stretches" into the texture. I'll send both sizes so if the texture doesnt work out you'll have the others.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Reader
6/26/12 9:00 p.m.

Portholes & trucknutz?

Duke
Duke PowerDork
6/27/12 5:48 a.m.
ditchdigger wrote: I can't stand black wheels so I vote no on the plastidip/black paint. I do like the red tail light treatment. It removes the pep boys aftermarket look that the manufacturers started copying.

This. And, this.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
6/27/12 6:07 a.m.
JThw8 wrote:
Javelin wrote: some Rebel Alliance stickers, and a Millennium Falcon decal.
Find a good vector format image (.ai or .eps format) of either of those and send it to me and you can have those without damaging your $100 budget

If you get these files, or I can find them could you make me a few as well? I mean my van really looks like the Falcon more so than the 5.

Chris

1 2 3 4
Birthdays
Our Preferred Partners
tELPpjmOA7qUgPTjAYZp9ionQFj3UGKMZSSs2U4Bp4Fz8GAG7KDnrMHULGCAZ4jH