1 2 3
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UltimaDork
9/15/14 10:17 a.m.

Not only according to KBB - I was looking for one in 2011 and could've bought a nice low mileage AP2 for about 19k locally. Judging by the current asking prices, that would be a 22-23k car by now if I managed to keep it outside salvage title land.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/15/14 6:53 p.m.

And for those who asked, a photo.

IMG_7564

bmw88rider
bmw88rider HalfDork
9/15/14 6:57 p.m.

You know David.....you can just bring it over to austin for WEC and leave it and return to florida $5500 richer. :)

LopRacer
LopRacer HalfDork
9/15/14 9:13 p.m.

That is a really nice looking car.. Admittedly a fan-boy but if I had the cheese I would pay up and keep that long term. The only thing I would consider over it would be a Integra Type R.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
9/15/14 10:05 p.m.
LopRacer wrote: Admittedly a fan-boy but if I had the cheese I would pay up and keep that long term. The only thing I would consider over it would be a Integra Type R.

I've always told myself I wasn't a Honda fanboy, but maybe I am a little bit. If I had one of those sitting around in that condition, I'd hold on to it. There's no way it won't be worth some serious coin in a decade or two. Defined a specific car culture.

GTwannaB
GTwannaB Reader
9/16/14 6:28 p.m.

What about returning it to truly stock - exhaust, springs and wheels? I see that picture and it looks like all the other Civics slammed by teenager with a hacksaw. I know it is not a hack job, but the only way to prove it is to set it back to stock. Sell the upgraded parts.

David S. Wallens
10/1/14 10:43 p.m.

We debated turning it back to stock. Right now it's set to go live on eBay this Sunday evening. We'll see how it does.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
10/2/14 11:49 p.m.

I got an $8k offer on mine last month, FWIW (I'm not selling, though). Clean ones will easily fetch $7k. Blue book has no bearing on actual selling price, as there are so few clean ones left.

I think turning it back to stock is more of a turnoff than selling it modded. At least the buyer knows what's done to it.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
10/3/14 7:18 a.m.
gamby wrote: I got an $8k offer on mine last month, FWIW (I'm not selling, though). Clean ones will easily fetch $7k. Blue book has no bearing on actual selling price, as there are so few clean ones left. I think turning it back to stock is more of a turnoff than selling it modded. At least the buyer knows what's done to it.

Not in my book. But's that's just me.

Lof8
Lof8 Reader
10/3/14 8:12 a.m.

My buddy had one of these new. Cool little cars for sure. I'm in to see what it fetches from ebay.

glueguy
glueguy HalfDork
10/3/14 12:55 p.m.
Lof8 wrote: My buddy had one of these new. Cool little cars for sure. I'm in to see what it fetches from ebay.

What the auction ends at or if the winner actually completes the transaction

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
10/3/14 2:53 p.m.

I think 6-8k is the range for a very nicely kept blue '00 si. I wouldnt be surprised to see 8k. As mentioned, its rare to find one that's truly nice anymore.

I sold my mom's 01 Integra GS/5spd with ~88k for $6200, and that was like 4 years ago. Today the same condition car would be even MORE rare.

I really think it would be a bad idea to sell it for less than 6k.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Associate Editor
10/5/14 9:06 p.m.

Linky?

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
10/5/14 10:33 p.m.

Does the front bumper cover really have the fitment/color issues that picture makes it look like?

Asking for link to.. integra? Not sure if so but whatever, here's a pictorial on how to sell an old Honda for substantial profit after adding years and 10s of thousands of miles:

TLDR: Take good pics.

And this car DID have front bumper cover color/fitment issues.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
10/6/14 11:27 a.m.

Bid's at $2025 with 6 days to go...

David S. Wallens
10/6/14 12:01 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: Linky?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-Si-/201183757732

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
10/6/14 5:35 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

Creepin' up!!!

I wonder if the market will reflect this selling price when it sells (assuming the buyer doesn't flake).

pimpm3
pimpm3 HalfDork
10/6/14 5:52 p.m.

I am officially the high bidder for now. I am pretty sure I will be outbid by tommorow but I will keep my fingers crossed...

pimpm3
pimpm3 HalfDork
10/6/14 7:04 p.m.

Curses... Outbid in less then 90 minutes. Oh well.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UltimaDork
10/12/14 10:32 p.m.

Ah well, at least I was the high bidder for about 5 minutes...

Pity I got outbid at the last minute but at least I don't have to figure out how to get the car home from Florida.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
10/13/14 7:48 a.m.

Cool, so it looks like the answer to this thread is $6,851.93. Guess we answered that question.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
10/13/14 11:37 p.m.

In reply to unevolved:

Hmmm. I would have guessed $7500. A little disappointed, but it's still over KBB, so that's encouraging.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uKijxiaH8dOFv1Xn7bSavaRxkYIYyTjKQNT95YpEVNvSIykLhrzoE1JMOtdnSqo8