1 2 3
secretariata
secretariata SuperDork
10/20/19 3:39 p.m.
Groats said:

In reply to secretariata :

Also to derail  Tell us more about the G35.  I test drove one over the weekend, 80k mile sedan with the six speed.  If they weren't firm on the $12k price it would probably be mine.  It was great, other than the clutch engagement point, which you can fix with a new pedal.  I'm seriously considering getting one too and wondering how the automatics compare.

OK, now that it's been over a month I finally have this thing in my hands.  I got an '06 in Lakeshore Slate blue with 160k miles and a six speed manual trans.  It needs a bit of love, which I'm working on.  Put new tires on it yesterday and got it aligned today.  Oil is leaking onto the exhaust from somewhere, I can smell it after running for a couple of minutes, but not sure where it is coming from yet. Headlights need to be restored and the passenger low beam is out so I won't be driving it until I take care of that as it is dark when I leave for work in the morning and also about half the time when I head home in the evening. Paint needs some attention and the front passenger seat probably needs to be recovered.  Also, a modern radio might be nice, but that will have to wait until I get comfortable that all the mechanical needs have been addressed.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
10/20/19 3:59 p.m.

Nice score! It looks a lot less rusty than mine. I bet the oil leak is coming from either a valve cover gasket or a valve cover itself. It's a fairly common thing with high-mileage VQs. Also, check your PCV valve when you get a chance. It might be all gunked up.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TkIr1kIB7D9riYqprbth3kBR3aWhqR0KVwqbLr9Mg6TNXXk2y5NMPgwKidvuHWb5