Mr_Asa SuperDork
9/22/20 2:08 p.m.

I want to say turnbuckle, but that doesn't turn up good results. Linkage adjuster? Doohickey?

Also, where do you find them?

I need a few in stainless, about 6" long, 1/4-28 thread.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/22/20 2:11 p.m.

Swedged tube

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/22/20 2:20 p.m.

I dunno about that thread, but many sport bikes use something like that in their shifter linkage. May be a cheap source.

mainlandboy Reader
9/22/20 2:22 p.m.
Mr_Asa SuperDork
9/22/20 2:22 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Swedged tube

That helps, I was thinking about a male-male version though.  From what I can see those all appear to be female-female.

Trent (Generally supportive dude)
Trent (Generally supportive dude) PowerDork
9/22/20 2:25 p.m.

Try this one


Surprisingly hard to find in fine thread

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/22/20 2:26 p.m.

There are some male-male in the Mcmaster link that was posted. Aluminum instead of stainless though. 

Mr_Asa SuperDork
9/22/20 2:26 p.m.
mainlandboy said:

Can you use one of these:


These maybe, I was hoping for stainless though.

Mr_Asa SuperDork
9/22/20 2:27 p.m.
Mr_Asa SuperDork
9/22/20 2:29 p.m.

Speedway seems to have a bunch of semi-applicable stuff in their throttle linkage section.  Summit and Jegs probably do as well.  Going to dig through them a bit more

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/22/20 2:30 p.m.


AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/22/20 2:43 p.m.

tie rod?

APEowner Dork
9/22/20 2:50 p.m.

You're probably looking at a fabricated part to get that in stainless.  Fortunately ss hex stock is readily available. While it would be nice to use a lathe the ends could be drilled in a drill press or even (if you're more patient the I am) with a hand drill.

Olemiss540 Reader
9/22/20 2:59 p.m.

Metric, so not excactly what you are looking for, but just ordered/recieved these for droplinks:


tuna55 MegaDork
9/22/20 3:26 p.m.

Turnbuckle style connecting rods.


Why do you need SS?


tuna55 MegaDork
9/22/20 3:30 p.m.

Also: Double adjustable male turnbuckle, but I can't find any in your size by that name.

wearymicrobe PowerDork
9/22/20 3:40 p.m.

Try amazon. There are a few RC cars that use turnbuckles in that size. You even find them in titanium for a reasonable price. Just used a bunch of this stuff to make a throttle linakage for dual carbs. 

Olemiss540 Reader
9/22/20 5:52 p.m.

Whatever you do, do not google "male on male rod end" please. 

11GTCS Reader
9/22/20 7:44 p.m.

I came here to say advice to not google male on male rod end.   I’ll allow it. smiley

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/23/20 10:55 a.m.

Rock Auto calls them Tie Rod End Adjusting Sleeve.  I call them Tie rod sleeves, or tie rod couplers.

Either way, fancy name for turnbuckle.

Our Preferred Partners