djsilver (Forum Supporter)
djsilver (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/5/20 1:05 a.m.

?

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
6/5/20 6:09 a.m.

Boy, wouldn't that be a dream come true? We wouldn't have to type funny canoe references anymore.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
6/5/20 6:37 a.m.

it's at the top and bottom of each page.  there's a drop down menu of "jump to..."

copy the thread link, then click on the drop down menu

select "Off-Topic Discussion"  the "Report Canoes Thread" is one of the sticky topics at the top.  also...
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/linky-for-reporting-canoes/78841/page1/

as an aside:
while I enjoy finding 'funny canoe references' in the threads when you find them... it's considerably less helpful than posting the questionable thread (even if the comment doesn't currently contain 'direct canoeing') into the 'Report Canoes Thread'.  That way I/us can either act on it, or add it to the 'watchlist' of accounts, since we've found a raise in accounts that are going back and editing their comment with spam... (so far) up to 3months after the fact.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/5/20 7:00 a.m.

I could use some direction. I tend to be up late at night when the flotilla of non-english characters hits the forum.

I thought we were supposed to avoid opening the specific post, and since these come in waves I've just been copying the username, then alerting the mods true the canoe invasion.

Is this helpful? It's certainly efficient on my end, since they may post in every single topic.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
6/5/20 7:30 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah, either way that's easiest.  The thread link or the user's 'community profile' link is helpful.  The only trouble with the second option is that there's not 'jump to' drop down on that page.

You're doing fine Doc, thanks for all the assistance!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pnw9LusV7tXU6yP6kSfffJZmcm8nyt3A3KHL5oxS7kwPN3ixIjZ3QGw0cHkaqYYY