1 2
snap_understeer
snap_understeer Reader
5/14/12 9:52 a.m.
erohslc wrote: In reply to Curmudgeon: Yah, ours was named 'Preo Gism'.

Funny. My cousin has one, and because of the good mileage, he calls it the Prius E36M3-ing. No idea why.

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
5/14/12 10:26 a.m.

I like a good joke but ill never understand why some people actually think that way.

Ive got two cars that get Prius mileage, both of them are cooler than the old toyotas we're talking about, and neither of them is anywhere near as cool as a prius.

jpooch00
jpooch00
12/15/13 4:59 p.m.

I've got an '87 Novarolla (that an old guy gave me for free). I really love that little car - don't ask me why, 'cause I don't know!

I've put a few hundred into it and now it's my daily driver.

jpooch00
jpooch00 New Reader
12/15/13 5:44 p.m.

IMHO, "Prius" and "cool" in the same sentence is an oxymoron!In reply to Vigo:

gofastbobby
gofastbobby Reader
12/15/13 5:59 p.m.

In reply to jpooch00, lol.

I get to see quite a few K cars in junk yard. I always have to stop and look to see if it might be a manual trans. I haven't found one yet.

I have this image in my head of me tearing one through an autocross course driving a vinyl top k car, wearing a cool vintage metal flake 3/4 helmet and some rosy colored glasses, with a cigar hanging out of my mouth. I need to find one eventually.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Reader
12/15/13 6:49 p.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon:

My buddy in Nebraska had a 2000 or 2001 Prizm. It was a base model with what I believe was the 3 speed auto. It was that beige silver color that exubed blandness. We drilled holes in the end of the muffler to give it some "character". I gave it the nickname of "Prizm bitch". My other buddy named it "Moesha" after the TV show because all we ever saw driving those were middle-aged black women LOL

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
12/15/13 7:32 p.m.
I have this image in my head of me tearing one through an autocross course driving a vinyl top k car, wearing a cool vintage metal flake 3/4 helmet and some rosy colored glasses, with a cigar hanging out of my mouth. I need to find one eventually.

If you promise to do that i will let you borrow my vinyl-topped Chrysler Executive Sedan..

Once it's running.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy SuperDork
12/15/13 7:37 p.m.

My first new car was a '95 Prism. Gave it to my Mom at @90k, she traded it in at 190k miles in '99. One set of brakes, a gas cap, and a set of belts was pretty much the only work it ever had, besides draining and flushing out the Dexcool. Ultimate appliance.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/15/13 7:41 p.m.

Had a 93 rolla, sold it with 120k on it. Have a 99 Prizm, has 187k on it. Leaks oil like a sieve- but it runs. As soon as it's warmer, Ima track that leak down and RTV the E36 M3 out of it.

gofastbobby
gofastbobby Reader
12/15/13 7:46 p.m.

In reply to Vigo:

Absloutely!!

Woody
Woody MegaDork
12/15/13 9:02 p.m.

We always called them NUMMI's.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/15/13 9:38 p.m.
erohslc wrote: In reply to Curmudgeon: Yah, ours was named 'Preo Gism'.

you stole the name that one of my friends gave to them back in the day... i was sure we were the only people that called them that...

Contradiction
Contradiction New Reader
12/15/13 10:41 p.m.

A friend of mine had an 87 that he rolled over.

curtis73
curtis73 UltraDork
12/16/13 12:10 a.m.

Last time I went to the 'yard looking for a K-car, I found this in the back seat of a Reliant...

So I named him Plymouth K. Car. He was 3 weeks old when I found him so I had to bottle feed him. Here he is with my mom.

(and yes... this is why I hate K-cars now)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4AKzCNhsNlM5E4wCjViKlB4UOK2VE8Y8UUKa5zAUWXBlEOR1rRl0phFmxwIzAbOz