Schump
Schump New Reader
7/30/08 8:14 a.m.

What website(s) are yall using to put up pix of your projects/disasters? i don't even know if picasa works? lost my website @ VT since I've been out for 4 yrs now. aren't there a few that give you a tiny bit of storage space 4 free?

thanx Dave "Porsche Boy" Schumpert '73 914 2.0 "Ellen", my babysitter who I later hooked up with a few times!=daily driver and Polishing Club of America track weapon for 6 years, now folding in half like a taco behind my friend's race shop, time to part out................hey, at least i'll get hte purchase price back in parts and still keep the upgraded suspension and gearbox and interior and best upgrade...320i f brakes! '76 Celica GT liftback w/ 180k on the clock, original clutch...fixed it and dad gave it to me 4 my 1st car...didn't last long (carb + clutch died @ same time...$20 from the scrapyard) '81 $1 House w/a Big Block...honest! 25' Midas duallie RV that saved me $800 in rent living in the woods in Mammoth Lakes CA summer 2005 '83 Suzuki GS550E "Emily"...1st g/f, 1st bike$500 1st bike-tranny rebuilt on bedroom floor '88 Honda Hawk aka "Left Coast Lindsay" 10k on the clock (guesstimate by gas recipts, not speedo, she was a racebike!..added mtn bike speedo right before I shattered my femur on her...DON'T do it! '88 VW Jetta/Junka GLi-T (soon 2 be!) GRM $2008 competitor..i hope '90 ZX7 aka Lindsay...wrecked the day after I bought her from my friend, still never rode her, rebuilt carbs a few times to get her running nice (parents didnt' like the stink the basement though... complete w/ Hawk's aluminum solo subframe and RC45 tail, Fox twin clicker remote res rr shock, 2005 ZX636 front end= project done VERY soon!.....FOR SALE '92 Toyota xtra cab V6 4WD truck "Sluggo Thu Mule" my DD, he's been my companion on 3 x country trips and hardly ever misses a beat...(warning...use PB Blaster AND a torch for a while be4 u remove the 2nd blown slave cylinder bolt...sheared off flush and 1 thing after another sucked, so I rode my bicycle 2 werk for ~ 2 months...twas good for my peg leg though '98 Ducati 900 SS F.E. #187/250 best investment I ever made! and Sex on Two Wheels- bought her wrecked from boss Scooter @ Coleman Powersport wrecked and restored and resold her for $2100 profit, most of which went towards Left Coast Lindsay (there were 0 bikes in my garage for exactly 9 days...drop it off up in NOVA to get painted, and back to VT, then to Tennessee to pickup LCL (one regret is never drinking cheaper beer so I could wire and tire her and get back on the track...it's been 10 yrs since Watkins Glen in my 914...aka time to save some $$$ and get a kart!

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 HalfDork
7/30/08 8:18 a.m.

photobucket

flickr

???

Others I'm sure...

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/30/08 8:19 a.m.

Schump, I totally lost track of your post after the first paragraph, but to answer your initial question... In my opinion, Flickr rules all, but photobucket is also very popular.

I don't think any of the other services match the tools and cool stuff you can do with flickr, but most any of them will meet your needs if you just need a place to park some pix.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
7/30/08 9:45 a.m.

Picassa works through GMail. All the pics I have posted in the last month are through Picassa

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair HalfDork
7/30/08 1:35 p.m.

i use webshots.com

grtechguy
grtechguy SuperDork
7/30/08 3:27 p.m.

photos.google.com

www.imageshack.us

www.photobucket.com

www.webshots.com

www.flickr.com

need I go on?

Schump
Schump New Reader
7/31/08 12:17 a.m.

Thanx, I'll work on it tomorrow, although I think I should work on my transmissions for the VW Junka 1st! OK, I'll work on the trans' and when I need a break, I'll post some pix of their blown up parts, then get back to inventorying what parts I still need to get 1 or 2 complete. 1 for now, another spare for later...

Schump
Schump New Reader
7/31/08 12:19 a.m.

(Tim, sorry about that, I guess I should've hit return a few more times between the laundry list of vehicles I have owned/do own...that's what that long garbled paragraph was, just made less sense w/o blank lines to separate vehicles...Ooops.)

captainzib
captainzib New Reader
7/31/08 8:21 a.m.

Periods help too.

grtechguy
grtechguy SuperDork
7/31/08 12:16 p.m.

I think there's a good story here.

"73 914 2.0 "Ellen", my babysitter who I later hooked up with a few times!="

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cY7MsAH7m4rAeBF933Gz5RiTRi1MggAqgfFi2dhbuBnb277lM1IodyMoIjGQdaEC