_
_ Reader
9/16/18 4:40 p.m.

Things like bp4w heads, and other hard to find parts? The West coast has Nothing on Craig’s or faceballs. Miata turbo and Miata.net marketplaces have nothing. I tried checking the spec Miata site, nothing. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/16/18 5:09 p.m.

If you were closer I'd put you in touch with the local "connection". He travels around the you pull it yards and snags all the good stuff to sell on the side. Being on the other end of the word would make shipping kind of painful though.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
9/16/18 6:50 p.m.

I've had good luck with that outfit down in Florida.

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
9/16/18 6:59 p.m.

Look for “Ben’s used miata parts” on Facebook. Parting miatas is his full time gig. He’s got lots of stuff at good prices and will ship. 

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Dork
9/16/18 7:48 p.m.

Search Tucson craigslist (I'm a Tucsonan...).  Scott is the guy who posts the ads, and another GRM'r on here has gotten parts from him. 

Super good cat. 

_
_ Reader
9/16/18 8:18 p.m.

Good to know. I was hopin for more local, but beggars can’t be choosers. eBay has one head going for 450$ Plus shipping. No guarantees. Lol. 

codrus
codrus UltraDork
9/16/18 9:39 p.m.

There are a couple Miata salvage yards in Sacramento, check Craigslist there and you'll see lots of ads.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
9/16/18 11:01 p.m.

In reply to codrus :

Yup, and some of them even occasionally have what they told you over the phone they had . For mechanical stuff they seem to be pretty good but I don’t know if they ship parts. 

codrus
codrus UltraDork
9/16/18 11:58 p.m.
BoxheadTim said:

In reply to codrus :

Yup, and some of them even occasionally have what they told you over the phone they had . For mechanical stuff they seem to be pretty good but I don’t know if they ship parts. 

I have had them ship a couple parts to me in the bay area in the past without significant issue.  Prices were a little higher than might be hoped, but it was what it claimed to be and arrived when I expected it so I had no complaints.

bluebarchetta
bluebarchetta Reader
9/17/18 8:45 a.m.

Try Darren at Midwest Miata Parts:

https://www.facebook.com/MidwestMiata

rodknock
rodknock New Reader
9/17/18 10:24 a.m.
bluebarchetta said:

Try Darren at Midwest Miata Parts:

https://www.facebook.com/MidwestMiata

+1 on this. Darren is a good guy and has reasonable prices.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
79tzbKDBNt2UFaBtS5B65bvTVPw8YNRzP138WbplFU8X3FXZhcfIadxvyL8kOPTm