1 2 3
precisionchassis
precisionchassis New Reader
3/10/11 2:36 p.m.

I've owned both Miata ('99 Sport) and Boxster and IMO, even the early 2.5 base model Boxsters are better than the Miata in every way except for the cost of replacement parts and the potential of the various forms of M96 engine failure, which are not always inevitable despite the reputation. In terms of the chassis itself and it's potential on the race track, there's really no comparison. The Boxster will KILL a Miata in every way on the track.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
3/10/11 3:01 p.m.
precisionchassis wrote: I've owned both Miata ('99 Sport) and Boxster and IMO, even the early 2.5 base model Boxsters are better than the Miata in every way except for the cost of replacement parts and the potential of the various forms of M96 engine failure, which are not always inevitable despite the reputation. In terms of the chassis itself and it's potential on the race track, there's really no comparison. The Boxster will KILL a Miata in every way on the track.

Every Miata?

Stavros
Stavros New Reader
3/11/11 12:51 p.m.

In reply to jstein77:

Apples to Apples, I hear Scott at Renegade Hybrids is going to throw an LS motor into a 986 or 987 after he finishes putting an E-Rod into a 996. That's more of a fair fight. But a TPC turbo 986 would still put up quite a fight over a V8 Miata.

I know I am light years faster in my 986S than my old NB, but then again I have 100hp advantageto boot.

From observation I see most miatas lap quite a bit slower than 2.5 boxsters at the track days I am at.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/11/11 12:58 p.m.

I have heard that the Bilstein PSS9 kit really transforms the Boxster. For nearly 2500, I should hope so!

dean1484
dean1484 SuperDork
3/11/11 1:21 p.m.

Where is the boxster love?

I will Love them when they get down to GRM challenge prices LOL

nderwater
nderwater HalfDork
3/11/11 1:56 p.m.

There's nothing much 'apples-to-apples' about a Miata vs Boxster comparison to begin with - when new, the Boxter cost double. You could just as easily say "The 911 will KILL a Boxster in every way on the track." ...which really gets me thinking now that 996's can be had for $17K.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lAJllqNy3FfDvfqIFynwG0rCgh99ORdu1e1LeZjoD1LI0h49tOZqdGfeXIbzwGci