MrJoshua PowerDork
11/16/13 4:53 p.m.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/16/13 4:54 p.m.

wae
wae Reader
11/16/13 5:53 p.m.
dansxr2 wrote: In reply to wae: Fixed ;-) Sad I didn't see you here this year.

Woo! I can continue to participate vicariously since I was too lame to at least come down to spectate and socialize...

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/16/13 6:00 p.m.

I drove almost 1,000 miles in this  photo DSC_0071_zps42c8005b.jpg (The one with T-Tops) with my awesome girlfriend to spectate. I'll be entering next year again with  photo IMG_20130724_001637_zps4ab9134a.jpg the F2T MX-3 ... Spectating isn't nearly as fun as entering!!!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/16/13 7:57 p.m.

In reply to dansxr2:

Sounds like you might have a lot shorter distance to drive next year.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
11/16/13 8:10 p.m.

In reply to dansxr2:

I wondered which red MR2 you'd be in.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/16/13 8:10 p.m.

INDEED! Have a safe trip home brother!

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
11/16/13 8:13 p.m.

So who won?

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/16/13 8:15 p.m.

Mine was the darker red one with T-Tops and the SMG Turbo engine cover.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
11/16/13 8:17 p.m.

Shelby Dodge Auto Clubs Shadow won.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/16/13 8:44 p.m.

The Shadow was first.

The blue fiberglass Mustang second.

The Jeep third.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
11/16/13 8:56 p.m.
mndsm wrote: In reply to yamaha: I talked to him and after he got the motor in the red car back together, it sprang a massive oil leak. This was after discovering his entire front end needed work, among other things. He basically said it was waiting to kill him.

He's so dramatic.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
11/16/13 9:00 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: The Shadow was first. The blue fiberglass Mustang second. The Jeep third.

Yes. This.

No sooner did I post about putting up drag times than we lost internet at the track.

Andy was a 10.95, Ed Malle's Mustang was 11.1, Pat's Shadow was 11.3. Highly impressive was Matt Wachowiak's Trans Am which broke into the 11s at 11.99 on their last run of the day. Those guys worked hard for it and finished just off the podium. Aussie Steve and the green Corvette guys also deserve huge shootouts for a hard-fought event. For the first time in a while none of the top three drag cars scored a top 3 in the AutoX. The overall winner finished no better than third in any single category.

jg

JG Pasterjak
11/16/13 9:03 p.m.

And, it's probably as good a time as any to note that we announced that the $2014 Challenge is tentatively scheduled for June 2014 at NASA's Hyperfest at Summit Point Raceway. This deal is a long way from official at this point, but all parties involved are very much on the same page. That move puts the event much closer to a major population center, and also gets it in front of 15,000 screaming fans. Bring your A game.

jg

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
11/16/13 9:08 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: And, it's probably as good a time as any to note that we announced that the $2014 Challenge is tentatively scheduled for June 2014 at NASA's Hyperfest at Summit Point Raceway. This deal is a long way from official at this point, but all parties involved are very much on the same page. That move puts the event much closer to a major population center, and also gets it in front of 15,000 screaming fans. Bring your A game. jg

Hmmm that's very different and puts a bit of a twist in some of the offers I've made toward the event, but I think I can make it work if y'all are still intersted. Its right before our premier 5 day event so we need to get planning soon ifin y'all are interested.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
11/16/13 9:09 p.m.

I personally feel that part of the charm of the Challenge is that it's a fairly tight knit group of friends that come out to compete. Hopefully adding all of the Hyperfest fans will help, but that's an event I don't want to attend.

And yes, I was there for the meeting. Front row. Check my facebook for confirmation :p

JG Pasterjak
11/16/13 9:27 p.m.
Derick Freese wrote: I personally feel that part of the charm of the Challenge is that it's a fairly tight knit group of friends that come out to compete. Hopefully adding all of the Hyperfest fans will help, but that's an event I don't want to attend. And yes, I was there for the meeting. Front row. Check my facebook for confirmation :p

I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a bittersweet edge to this for me personally. Gainesville has become so familiar and comfortable that it's going to be a much different feel. Not saying it's bad, just that it's going to be weird at first. I'm excited, but part of all of us fears change.

And Jim, get with our events manager Rick Goolsby rick@grassrootsmotorsports.com. We'd all love to have lots of different ways to brings friends to the party. Hopefully we can figure something out in what will certainly be a compressed time frame.

jg

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
11/16/13 9:41 p.m.

JG, I've reached out to David and Tom, I don't wanna feel like Im beating you all up but I definitely think there is a tie in that could be a lot of fun. Downside: June is right before Saints to Sinners so we'll be maxed out. Upside you'll be in our neck of the woods so it makes planning a bit easier (but eliminates a route through Tail of the Dragon which I was hoping for)

I kind of agree with the sentiments about much of what makes the challenge getting lost in the Hyperfest environment, but from a promotional standpoint I fully get it.

Rick, JG, David, Tom, et al, let's talk ;) I have some fun ideas.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
11/16/13 9:45 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak:

If it creates more exposure, then it's required at this point. Personally, I want to build a car club 1 week build, and that's practically impossible in this area. 10-15 members of the club already attend Hyperfest, so there's another 10-15 people that I know that will see the Challenge that would never have been exposed in the past, even though it's practically all I talk about on that club's forum. Getting club participation at Hyperfest is almost guaranteed.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/16/13 10:16 p.m.

June? Hodamn.

hobiercr
hobiercr Dork
11/16/13 11:53 p.m.

BTW, alachua's finest is here and GT coeds are making out in the hot tub. (Not really)

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
baxh5jeoRFhFcB50Q6QrCFtJKajhAkzQbzETbQT29oQ0rjQXvLXN7akw28c1jQua