2 3 4 5
Spinout007
Spinout007 UltraDork
11/17/13 12:29 a.m.
hobiercr wrote: BTW, alachua's finest is here and GT coeds are making out in the hot tub. (Not really)

From what SWMBO told me from her pass through looking for me after a trip with our oldest from the emergency vet, was that Alachua counties finest was hanging out sitting on the cooler.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
11/17/13 7:30 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: And, it's probably as good a time as any to note that we announced that the $2014 Challenge is tentatively scheduled for June 2014 at NASA's Hyperfest at Summit Point Raceway.

So, less than 7hrs drive for me, and SWMBO's mom lives in Martinsburg 1/2hr away? I might be spectating next year. Whoot.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
11/17/13 7:51 a.m.

Maybe maybe maybe. Seeing this years cars makes me want to go even more. Feature on the plastic fantastic Mustang? Please?

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/17/13 11:33 a.m.

Well, I'm planning to have the bmw up and going during tax time, so we will see what the final date is......I have 2 weddings to attend in June right now.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
11/17/13 11:41 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: That move puts the event much closer to a major population center, and also gets it in front of 15,000 screaming fans. Bring your A game. jg

Ya'll have to do what's good for the magazine....and I get that. It makes it more difficult for me, but I understand. It will probably eliminate me from attending next year, but hopefully the year after I will show up with a properly sorted car.

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
11/17/13 12:28 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: And, it's probably as good a time as any to note that we announced that the $2014 Challenge is tentatively scheduled for June 2014 at NASA's Hyperfest at Summit Point Raceway. This deal is a long way from official at this point, but all parties involved are very much on the same page. That move puts the event much closer to a major population center, and also gets it in front of 15,000 screaming fans. Bring your A game. jg

Well, that's quite interesting. With that change, we are sure to bring at least one of our fleet of crapcan racers to see how they stack up. Probably 3.

patgizz
patgizz UberDork
11/17/13 12:30 p.m.

lots closer, i hope june clears up. i've got to start keeping budget on current project. or put massive sway bars and slicks on the rambler

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/17/13 1:02 p.m.

In reply to Sonic:

We demand to see the Rolls. And by we I mean I and by demand I mean please please bring it!

t25torx
t25torx Reader
11/17/13 1:05 p.m.

BALLS! The moment I move to Florida and finally think I can put together a real effort to enter next year, y'all up and move the thing 15 hours away and cut half a year off the prep schedule. Oh well, there's always 2015.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
11/17/13 1:13 p.m.
dansxr2 wrote: Shelby Dodge Auto Clubs Shadow won.

CONGRATS DUDES!!!!!!

ea_sport
ea_sport Reader
11/17/13 8:31 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: And, it's probably as good a time as any to note that we announced that the $2014 Challenge is tentatively scheduled for June 2014 at NASA's Hyperfest at Summit Point Raceway. This deal is a long way from official at this point, but all parties involved are very much on the same page. That move puts the event much closer to a major population center, and also gets it in front of 15,000 screaming fans. Bring your A game. jg

Yeay...less than 2 hours away from Metro DC area...will try to be there next year...

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
11/17/13 8:55 p.m.
t25torx wrote: BALLS! The moment I move to Florida and finally think I can put together a real effort to enter next year, y'all up and move the thing 15 hours away and cut half a year off the prep schedule. Oh well, there's always 2015.

I feel your pain...

For me, if this move happens, it removes any chance I had of entering next year, despite the fact that the event would be many hours closer to where I live.

I work six days a week, so cutting the available build-time by a few months eliminates any possibility I had of being able to build my car in time for the event.

MoD_Scotty
MoD_Scotty New Reader
11/17/13 9:03 p.m.

We gonna get to see how everyone else did?

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
11/17/13 9:04 p.m.
ea_sport wrote:
Yeay...less than 2 hours away from Metro DC area...will try to be there next year...

So being this is already a point for me every year (usually for drunken debauchery lol) I really needed a reason to go this year, now not only do I have that I am MORE then willing to help with anything (not drunk or anything!!!) please send me a PM if this is something you need help with!!!!!!!

Pat
Pat HalfDork
11/17/13 9:32 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
dansxr2 wrote: Shelby Dodge Auto Clubs Shadow won.
CONGRATS DUDES!!!!!!

Thanks bud! Very exciting to say the least but more importantly, it was a freaking blast as usual. Great seeing familiar faces, friends, the racing was great and the staff was extremely accomodating.

Cant wait for $2014!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
11/18/13 1:17 p.m.

no longer a bridesmaid! way to go DC SDAC!

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
11/19/13 10:05 a.m.

http://s634.photobucket.com/user/moparman76_69/library/GRM2013challenge

The board changes the link because of the underscore.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/19/13 10:16 a.m.
mndsm wrote: In reply to yamaha: I talked to him and after he got the motor in the red car back together, it sprang a massive oil leak. This was after discovering his entire front end needed work, among other things. He basically said it was waiting to kill him.

Yep. I'm still recovering from that horrible thrash.

The car ran in time to make it, but i couldn't chance that oil leak since it was unclear at that point if it was another head gasket leak or not. And after driving it with a blown head gasket for 4.5 years (seriously. I ran $2012 with a blown head gasket, not to mention over 40k miles of daily driving), i was uninterested in attempting to do the same for $2013 with a head i actually gave a E36 M3 about.

I'm SUPER bummed it couldn't come together.

Tom is not exaggerating, though. I'm a bit ashamed of myself for driving this thing the way it was on public roads. It was going to kill me and/or someone else. Not a question of "if," but "when." The scary part is that it FELT pretty much OK.

I'll update the build thread with details. Light on pictures because i was in too much of a hurry to bother.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/19/13 10:49 a.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Careful.

I seem to remember you talking about biting something off if you didn't make it.

You might want to stay hidden for a while.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/19/13 10:53 a.m.

I would have rather bitten something off than be subjected to the 64 hour wrenching marathon. I have to go back and check a bunch of my work today because i honestly don't remember doing a good 20-25% of it.

As in... i don't even know what spark plugs are in the damn car because i sure as hell don't remember putting them in. For that matter, wonder what the gap is like?

I thought the oil leak was caused by a cam seal at first. Because i couldn't remember putting one in.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/19/13 11:00 a.m.
moparman76_69 wrote:

LOL that shelby is so cool, its bending the light in the photograph around the motor...look at the asphalt under the front half of that car!

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
11/19/13 11:48 a.m.

Matthew Huizing
Matthew Huizing Reader
11/19/13 12:34 p.m.

Here are my photos:

Photos from registration

Autocross

After Autocross, Concours, Drags

Feel free to tag people and link these. I also have some videos from the autocross.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
11/19/13 12:47 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
moparman76_69 wrote:
LOL that shelby is so cool, its bending the light in the photograph around the motor...look at the asphalt under the front half of that car!

That was our dodge only parking spot. Lol Did it have the revving issue saturday as well?

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
11/19/13 2:18 p.m.

Yeah that is the turbo dodge oil slick under the car. We isolated the rev limiter issue to a intermittent connection issue from the hep harness into the main harness. If you jiggled it just right it ran. Then it had a high RPM breakup that I'm pretty sure was a distributor issue. We borrowed a distributor from Pat but they closed the drags before we got it in.

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r8AGxptfgfmTvD773sqZyMp7GVUj4Gyn2ElnJ8KT8fyevFqx8RgLxwDrvfqy65wI