ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/12/23 10:23 a.m.
STM317 said:
Apexcarver said:

In reply to ProDarwin :

It appears no.  Different springs and all, haven't really been looking for hybrid stuff

Is the difference in suspension related to the engine choice? I was under the impression that all FWD Mavericks got the beam rear axle whether they're hybrid or Ecoboost.

I thought so too, but yeah I think all the suspension aftermarket is for AWD models.  I said 'hybrid', but should have said 'fwd'

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
1/12/23 10:26 a.m.

I think by the time mine is ready, I would already forgotten I ordered it lol

ProDarwin said:
STM317 said:
Apexcarver said:

In reply to ProDarwin :

It appears no.  Different springs and all, haven't really been looking for hybrid stuff

Is the difference in suspension related to the engine choice? I was under the impression that all FWD Mavericks got the beam rear axle whether they're hybrid or Ecoboost.

I thought so too, but yeah I think all the suspension aftermarket is for AWD models.  I said 'hybrid', but should have said 'fwd'

Eibach has released their PRO-KIT spring set for the Hybrid:

https://eibach.com/us/3166/E10-35-057-01-22-FORD-Maverick-pro-kit

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
1/12/23 12:52 p.m.

There are a few thing coming on the market across the board.

This is what I am very interested in for my AWD thats on order -  https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-3431.html

Searching Maverick on the Goodwin site shows pretty well the market and in the near term

• AWD
    • Eibach pro kit springs
    • Eibach Pro LIFT springs
    • Goodwin racing / Progress technology lowering springs
    • H&R Sport lowering springs
    • H&R super sport lowering springs
    • Rear swaybar
    • Eibach Camber bolts for the front
    • Eibach Camber arms for the rear
  • FWD
    • Eibach Prokit springs 

Vorschlag has a good writeup on their blog/forum, but it looks like they arent on market for awhile and some of the stuff they are doing is admittedly "going too far" as to really be marketable. MCS Coilovers, camber plates that require modification to strut towers, etc. 

https://www.vorshlag.com/forums/forum/vorshlag-motorsports-discussions/vorshlag-project-cars/59103-vorshlag-2022-ford-maverick-smol-truck-development-thread

Its fun to track whats out there and get ideas.

Apparently you can direct swap in the climate control panel from another ford product and get digital temp set control rather than the old school dial control.   Plus a lot of stuff out there with people going nuts with Forscan to add features from other trims. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/12/23 1:52 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:

Nice, this is probably all I would do, with wheels and tires.  Maybe slightly smaller diamter overall to drop it a bit further.  I hate tall cars, but I recognize a <60" tall maverick is a pipe dream

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/12/23 4:05 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

Nice, this is probably all I would do, with wheels and tires.  Maybe slightly smaller diamter overall to drop it a bit further.  I hate tall cars, but I recognize a <60" tall maverick is a pipe dream

The only thing about smaller diameter tires is then you end up increasing the fender gap. I almost wish I had gone 245/50/18 instead of 245/35 (maintains factory OD mostly of the 215/40 stock tire) on the BRZ. Because there is still some gap and the shop manager if he remembers correctly the coilovers are almost bottomed out. 

It's easy to get the rear lower with different rear lower control arms, but I need to reach out to FA to see if the front coilovers will work with a 1" shorter spring.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/12/23 4:13 p.m.
yupididit said:

I think by the time mine is ready, I would already forgotten I ordered it lol

New Rivian + New Maverick = forgetting about cars you ordered. Man living the life.... 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/12/23 4:40 p.m.
z31maniac said:
ProDarwin said:

The only thing about smaller diameter tires is then you end up increasing the fender gap. I almost wish I had gone 245/50/18 instead of 245/35 (maintains factory OD mostly of the 215/40 stock tire) on the BRZ. Because there is still some gap and the shop manager if he remembers correctly the coilovers are almost bottomed out. 

It's easy to get the rear lower with different rear lower control arms, but I need to reach out to FA to see if the front coilovers will work with a 1" shorter spring.

well yeah, but I'm not going to reduce the size by an insane amount.  I'm 90% sure I'll want it lower, but functional.  I'm not after a no fender gap scenario.

I've run cars on shorter than OE tires before and it doesn't look that weird.   Case by case basis tho.

tremm
tremm Reader
1/15/23 1:31 p.m.

There's data from 260 vehicles up on fuelly. Seems on the surface like the 2 engines average around 37.5 & 25.5.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/maverick/2022 

Unfortunately there's a lot of disorganization & unreliable owners on fuelly, but at least you can pick a few to look at closer. Seems like an enthusiast's car, I'm sure there are lots of reviews on Maverick forums. One of the few modern cars that I keep an ear out for. Hope people are liking them.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
1/15/23 1:42 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Rivian would be my wife's, she has more money than me cause she doesn't buy herself anything ever at all.  And doesn't have an expensive hobby like my dumb ass and these Mercedes + she's a business owner, author, and has a career.  And the Maverick cost 0 dollars to order. 

car39
car39 Dork
1/15/23 1:44 p.m.

Here are the Maverick constraints as of 09 January, 2023:

The hybrid will be constrained forever due to high demand and ongoing supply chain issues. I'm thinking about calling my dealer to see if I can change my order from a Cyber Orange XLT Hybrid to a white XLT FWD Ecoboost. I'm not very optimistic that I'll see my hybrid before 2024.

No more Ecoboost FWD, AWD only.  Had to change my 12/29/21 order to an AWD, got a VIN number 1/12/23  

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/18/23 10:34 p.m.

This is what I want:

No, not a Nissan. But these proportions. I don't need or want a back seat, but I want some interior room for junk or my dogs, and I want the lost backseat to go into the bed. I've had a bunch of trucks over the years, but the ones that I've enjoyed the most were 1990s Japanese pickups.  Ford: make me a Maverick hybrid version of this. I'll plunk down another 3 grand for AWD and place the deposit tomorrow.  

STM317
STM317 PowerDork
1/19/23 8:28 a.m.

In reply to Kreb (Forum Supporter) :

It's easy to have a bunch of different cab/bed combinations when you're using body on frame construction. It's much more difficult with unibody construction. The Maverick is what it is. It's inexpensive because it shares that unibody structure with an Escape, Bronco Sport, etc.  Making tons of expensive changes to the unibody and sheetmetal (if it's possible at all) would raise the price, and then you're competing directly with Ford's own Ranger in size and price. Really, a Ranger hybrid seems like the better fit for your desires, and is likely 1-2 years away.

Sizing Up the 2022 Ford Maverick

dps214
dps214 Dork
1/19/23 9:11 a.m.

I would also like something along the lines of that configuration. I'm not a chassis engineer but I'm guessing it's not really possible as a unibody vehicle. At least not without a lot of exotic high strength steels that will drive the price way up. The bed area, being an open shape, has basically zero structural strength compared to a closed section (having sides and a roof).

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/19/23 9:23 a.m.

Just so we're clear, Nissan still sells this configuration. But, not that many of them.  I'm not sure people avoid them because it's a Nissan but more they avoid them because buyers want a "part time" pick up truck that can serve as a full time sedan. 

At this time, Ford pre sells every Maverick they can. No inventive to them to modify...yet.

Erich
Erich UberDork
1/19/23 2:59 p.m.

Curious to see when folks start getting these. My brother ordered a Hybrid XLT when orders for the '23 MY first opened and he still hasn't heard anything substantive about delivery dates, other than a few calls asking if he wanted the AWD ecoboost sitting on the lot.

dps214
dps214 Dork
1/19/23 3:04 p.m.
John Welsh said:

At this time, Ford pre sells every Maverick they can. No inventive to them to modify...yet.

And yet they keep coming up with new trims and options when there's still a year long backlog of the existing orders to be built.

Erich
Erich UberDork
1/19/23 3:40 p.m.

TIL you can option out a Frontier to $45k and a Ranger to $50k. 

No wonder the Maverick is selling

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
1/19/23 8:50 p.m.
dps214 said:
John Welsh said:

And yet they keep coming up with new trims and options when there's still a year long backlog of the existing orders to be built.

What are these new trims and options? I know one is the Tremor Package.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/19/23 9:10 p.m.
STM317 said:

It's easy to have a bunch of different cab/bed combinations when you're using body on frame construction. It's much more difficult with unibody construction. The Maverick is what it is. It's inexpensive because it shares that unibody structure with an Escape, Bronco Sport, etc.  Making tons of expensive changes to the unibody and sheetmetal (if it's possible at all) would raise the price, and then you're competing directly with Ford's own Ranger in size and price. Really, a Ranger hybrid seems like the better fit for your desires, and is likely 1-2 years away.

Sizing Up the 2022 Ford Maverick

Your point is well taken about unibody vs body-on, but look at the relative bulk of those vehicles. There's all this extra fat on the new stuff without a corresponding increase in utility. Admittedly, the newer stuff  is a lot better in terms of nvh and amenities. And the Maverick doesn't suffer as much from steroid use as the various bof options.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/19/23 9:20 p.m.

In reply to Erich :

I saw an internet price listing for a 63k Frontier. The new midsize trucks are just as expensive as their fullsize brethren in the higher trims.

dps214
dps214 Dork
1/19/23 9:21 p.m.
GCrites80s said:
dps214 said:
John Welsh said:

Mostly that one. Though there's also a tremor appearance package and I think another appearance package that was added after the initial release.

I was bored, so I investigated and managed to option up a maverick to $44k while mostly avoiding dealer-installed options.

GCrites80s said:
dps214 said:
John Welsh said:

The only 2 changes for the 2023MY that I'm tracking are the Tremor and Black Accessory Package (BAP).

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
1/19/23 10:17 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

I saw a Maverick with a black accessory package in Newport News VA. I highly doubt it's a 2023 so I'm wondering how did that Maverick have it. Either way, it looks great. A little pricy though. 

In reply to yupididit :

The 2023s are starting to trickle out. The Maverick forum has some members that have already received their 2023 Tremors.

I received an email from Ford today stating that my XLT Hybrid is scheduled for production the week of Februrary 20th. I honestly did not expect it to get produced in 2023. One minor gripe is that my Xplan through DAV ended in 2022. Nobody told me anything. I was planning on using the Xplan because the dealer I ordered my Maverick through has a $1795 dealer fee, which is berkeleying ridiculous.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
87RYaz5q81tVObATSNFpslABlXxXxLV050BTcfhFWPCbroSYwSuJ8N2yOiHlQH48