1 2 3
pres589
pres589 UberDork
9/24/15 9:27 a.m.

So would the GRM collective even suggest detailing the car before trying to sell it, or should he just start advertising now? I personally would probably spend a weekend cleaning/detailing/defunking the thing and then start with the ads but maybe this is a case where it should be left undisturbed for the fanboys to get even more nutty about.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/24/15 9:31 a.m.

In reply to pres589:

As I stated earlier, I would do everything that makes it look great in pictures.

thedanimal
thedanimal New Reader
9/24/15 9:41 a.m.

I would give it a deep cleaning, the interior looks pretty ratty but not far from being presentable. A decent upholstery cleaner, scrub brush, a vacuum and some patience will be all you need, also the headliner brings the whole interior down (pardon the pun) so I'd think about at least getting it glued back up. I'd also take some good pictures, the pictures looked pretty half ass, you'd be amazed at what reshooting pictures and a decent detail will do.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
9/24/15 10:22 a.m.

This reminds me of the '87 352is that I bought years back. On a Friday in late January I saw a CL listing for a "BMW 3 series". One side picture and on interior picture. No picture that showed the trunk badge but I knew from the front air dam and rear lip spoiler that it was a 325is. 110k miles and bought for $1800. Three years and 30 k miles later I sold it for $3,250.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
9/24/15 2:37 p.m.

Deep clean, good photos and...profit.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
9/24/15 5:46 p.m.
Petrolburner wrote: Deep clean, good photos and...profit.

I am a master of this (1994 accord and 350z not withstanding) I will start a build thread monday when I get it back from getting a small rust spot repaired.

I picked it up and drove it 10 miles or so today. Shifts good, runs smooth, no weird pulling under braking or while steering. I made a partial list of things to address when I get it back Monday.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KUwTECZN5JsM51y6WTUxjBBd1HCFGNH6QznJAFh1DodnlDUSLkreONdp69JVUYvC