8 9 10 11 12
Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
2/16/17 9:10 a.m.

In reply to MoCounselor:

Yes actually. If you go here you can get the same deal plus a free T-shirt.

MoCounselor
MoCounselor New Reader
2/16/17 12:56 p.m.

Ed, you are my hero. Renewing as soon as I get paid.

IrishMike
IrishMike None
2/19/17 8:56 p.m.

New here also due to mazdeuce build I saw on MSN. Enjoy the build threads. Thanks....

Ed Higginbotham
2/20/17 9:11 a.m.

Welcome IrishMike! Glad you enjoy the stuff that goes on here. Enjoy!

2_Liter_Turbo
2_Liter_Turbo None
2/26/17 8:51 a.m.

Hello! My name is Steve and I've been a GRM subscriber for a few years now (I think, ha ha, it has been awhile at

least). I live in the motorsports friendly state of Arizona! I drive with the local NASA region (I was just signed off

to TT from HPDE4) now and plan to join Global Time Attack a little later this year. I just moved to AZ about 2 years

ago, prior to that I was in Oregon, and before that California. In those states I mostly did Auto-X, hill-climb, rally-

x, drag racing, and even a few drift events.

My track car is now a '96 Nissan 240SX. It was a '92 for many years until late last year when I made the switch. The '96

still has the stock original engine, as I've been refreshing the built motor that was in the '92. With that said, it has

been nice to get familiar with the new chassis and new suspension setup with an under-powered power-plant.

For fun spirited street driving, I own a '90 Nissan Skyline GTR. It's mostly stock, with some minor suspension goodies.

And as a daily driver I have a '96 engine swapped Infiniti G20.

That's about it!

Ed Higginbotham
2/28/17 4:01 p.m.

Welcome, 2_Liter_Turbo! Thanks a ton for reading. That sounds like a great set of toys, too. Time for some build threads!

2_Liter_Turbo
2_Liter_Turbo New Reader
3/2/17 7:30 a.m.
Ed Higginbotham wrote: Welcome, 2_Liter_Turbo! Thanks a ton for reading. That sounds like a great set of toys, too. Time for some build threads!

Thanks! I'll have to put together one :)

chuckha62
chuckha62 New Reader
3/10/17 11:57 a.m.

I just joined a couple of days ago. My vehicular interests are pretty varied. My current rides are a 2000 2500 Suburban, a 2009 MBZ R320 Bluetek 4Matic, a '67 GTO, and a '72 2002 BMW project which I can't seem to get any traction on.

The Bimmer could be a ton of fun, if I could just get back on task. I yanked the anemic 95 (ish) horsepower 4 banger in favor of an '85 MBZ 2.3-16, twin cam Cosworth and Getrag 5 speed. Blasphemy I know, but the motor and trans fell in my lap so I just had to do it. I've fabricated mounts and everything is sitting in place, but I had to cut the floor out to make room for the trans and I lost momentum. I also need to hang pedals and master cylinders, as the Benz motor's plenum is right where I would have hung the brake and clutch masters.

I'll figure it out, I guess. Or find someone who wants it worse than I do.

The GTO is the keeper though.

Ed Higginbotham
3/10/17 12:31 p.m.

Wow, interesting swap, chuckha62! Feed us more info in a build thread!

patrickdanger
patrickdanger
3/17/17 11:04 a.m.

New Human here. Moved to the Seattle area less than 2 years ago from Kansas City. Not a ton of driving experience under my belt. A couple of autocross events, and recreational go karting over the years.

Ive owned a couple of S chassis and civics. My current car is a 2006 Honda Civic Si. Sold my last 240sx to fund a trip to Europe and ive been itching to dive back into something....miata? We'll see.

I love motorsports. Both grassroots and pro. Ive spectated a ton (F1, Rolex, SCCA, Drift, Rally) etc. But now im an adult...or so im told, so its time for me to get the experience I always dreamed of getting. Time to get behind the wheel and learn how to take a proper line.

Im very interested in local(ish) events in the PNW. Pacific Raceways is the closest track to me and ive done research on the Proformance Racing School.

Anyways, Happy to be here and looking forward to the build threads and learning from you all.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog
3/19/17 10:17 p.m.

Hello everyone. Glad to be a member, thanks. My name is Jim. I have 1985 Corvette, which I traded my HD Electra Glide for after a many decades long love affair with motorcycles, had to end, due to health reasons. My son has a 1987 Monte SS, warmed over, that we wrench on together. I'm basically a gravel driveway backyard shade tree kind of guy . After lurking and reading PeteGosset's C4 marathon build, and the adventures of Dusterbd13, I had to join. Don't know much about theory, but I can make things work. Looking forward to being a part of this.

chuckha62
chuckha62 New Reader
3/20/17 8:58 a.m.
Ed Higginbotham wrote: Wow, interesting swap, chuckha62! Feed us more info in a build thread!

I wish there were something to show. Right now, it's buried behind my RV with a cover over it, while I await inspiration. The intent is to create a competitive autocrosser. Right now I'm still gathering parts and the 2002 is gathering dust.

Recon1342
Recon1342 None
3/20/17 8:56 p.m.

Hello all. I found my way here courtesy of mazdeuce's R63 AMG build, thanks to Roadkill. I looked around and discovered that you all are members of my tribe...

I've been wrenching on stuff since forever, and am currently employed as a mechanic in a food processing plant. I weld TIG and stick, both mild and stainless; and I'm an unrepentant gearhead. I have two current projects- an '89 Chevy Suburban (daily driver, so it's more casual) and a 1970 Honda CB750 that I resurrected after it spent 28 years in a barn. Soon as I figure out photo hosting, I'll post a thread or two...

Also, spent 8 years in the Marines, and you guessed it, wrenched on stuff there too.

Ed Higginbotham
3/21/17 8:51 a.m.

Welcome Patrickdanger, dirtydog and Recon1342!

Dirtydog
Dirtydog New Reader
3/21/17 9:10 a.m.

Thank you, Ed. Glad to be a part of this. Informative and entertaining.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot New Reader
3/30/17 11:50 a.m.

I'm David from Lubbock, TX. Thank you for hosting this forum! I used to autocross a 1st gen CRX and 1st gen Integra in the '90s and early 2000s in NC and TX. For a while afterwards I kinda dropped any kind of car hobby but found my way to Nascar Tech (UTI campus) recently and now work part time as a mechanic and part time as a pro internet surfer.

My first exposure to the magazine was the Soccer Moms' Revenge article from 2003, which pitted a Honda Odyssey against an old Porsche and Jaguar. Keep up the great work!

Ed Higginbotham
3/30/17 12:10 p.m.

In reply to Crxpilot:

I remember that one! Thanks for joining us, Crxpilot.

e46Ben
e46Ben New Reader
3/31/17 11:31 a.m.

I'm brand spankin new!! Have a Mk3 Jetta that I used to track but still drive on occasion. Just not very comfortable with all the suspension mods. I've moved on and picked up a 2000 323i 5spd to play with. Looking to get back into some local track events and getting some great info from here.

Ed Higginbotham
4/3/17 8:16 a.m.

Welcome Ben! Hope you enjoy it here.

Zoldier
Zoldier
4/3/17 7:13 p.m.

New to the forum, obviously. Names Eddie and getting ready to retire form the Army. That should give me enough time to play with my toys. I've been stationed away from them for three years so I have a lot of catching up to do. I look forward to getting back on the scene and doing some wrenching and enjoying some seat time. Hope to be at the GRM challenge later this year as well.

eplas92
eplas92
4/3/17 11:53 p.m.

Hi there, names Erik. Long time subscriber and lurker(like 10+ years). Going to school for Geography and I am currently a warehouse worker. I daily drive a 2006 Honda Civic sedan and own a 1981 Datsun 720 Diesel. All I got haha

68TR250
68TR250 Reader
4/6/17 11:50 a.m.

Been here for awhile but think I finally got the hang of posting a picture. Maybe

WOW! It worked!

Ed Higginbotham
4/6/17 12:44 p.m.

Welcome Eddie and Erik!

Eddie, let us know if you have any questions about the Challenge. Look forward to meeting you there!

Erik, not bad. I love a good 720.

Oh and well done, 68TR250. I'll bet I can guess the year make and model of the car in that photo.

68TR250
68TR250 Reader
4/8/17 7:51 a.m.

Thank you Ed, and I bet you can figure out year of my baby too!

84FSP
84FSP Dork
4/9/17 8:29 p.m.

In reply to cashforcars:

Do you also sell Canoes?

8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Y4AZXBv6CYrFkvY2tVEVQ0t40TvtpHSq8yVg0Ska8k0Lqc6eTiRDLXFW5lUkHF8c