37 38 39
Strut404
Strut404 New Reader
5/10/24 11:50 a.m.

New here from Texas.

For the last few years, every dumb idea I've had and researched on Google kept leading me back here, so I figured I might as well cave in to the insanity, and join.

Currently working on a 1971 Dodge Tradesman (B100) van, which I want to swap a Mazda MZR (Ford Duratec) and M5r1 into. The eventual plan is to build a Dajiban style early van, with a high revving N/A 4cyl.

kdjuric99
kdjuric99 New Reader
5/30/24 1:49 p.m.

New here, from Norcal. Been reading the site for as long as I can remember and figured I'd finally join the forums.

Driving an e36 and a diesel E70. The e36 is more for the track, the x5 for hauling dogs and parts. And the wife.

Used to hit the track a ton in the past few years but I've sadly not been to one yet all year :( . Hoping to change that sooner than later!

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
5/30/24 2:55 p.m.

Welcome Strut404 and kdjuric99!

It sounds like you both have great things in the garage. We're looking forward to seeing more of them on our forums.

OneTimeAutoxer
OneTimeAutoxer New Reader
6/5/24 12:52 a.m.

First post, it's cool to see that GRM is still around and kicking! It reminds me of my early motorsport days in the late 90's, autoxing my CR-X and getting the latest issue of GRM whenever I could afford it. There's some real nostalgia about GRM. My CR-X is long gone, having been replaced with a couple M3's, then later by a couple Porsches (981 Cayman S and 997.1 C2S). I don't autox anymore, ever since the local venue closed down. I get my motorsport needs on the sim rig now, which is a lot cheaper though not as visceral.

BadideaMotorsportsAMC
BadideaMotorsportsAMC New Reader
6/8/24 1:56 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Hey Y'all

Dallas here Duterbd's brother. 
I finally got around to registering and saving the login for the forum. 
Michael and Steve and I built the 1980 AMC a few years ago back 2016-2019 idk which 2000$ challenge it was. 
I'm a 3rd generation plumber and 3rd generation family business owner.  Based out of North Cakalacky.  Once Divorced & remarried a few years ago 4 kids and a beautiful redheaded wife that keeps me straight and let's me play with cars, my brothers and friends, and  large caliber boomsticks. 
So glad to be here with a great community 
I got on here to talk about my new projects and get real talk from the amazing group of people all y'all are! 
I have about 6 or 7 new projects going as I type in various stages of repair and disrepair... 
57 Ford 900 Tractor ,

inherited grandfather's 1952 Chevy 3100 5 window pickup,

1966 mustang gt from my high school days,

1988 350/350T 4x4 square body suburban, and 1979 4x4 diesel suburban ♥️🩸 donor truck.
And Finally impulse bought for the wife  a 2012 Honda Odyssey ex V6 which my American self needs real help and advice on improvements and upgrades and more performance. 
my family has always been car nuts and car collectors we get one around doesn't matter what it is we tend to fix it up and just keep it... there's stray cars tractors and equipment everywhere lol 😂 

I think yall understand how they just show up in the yard and just take up residence like a Tom cat. 

leighv
leighv New Reader
6/12/24 10:11 p.m.

Hello,

Been reading GRM mags for a few years. I like their technical articles and see the projects being worked on. Sometimes get some good ideas or inspiration, and i dont have to be in front of a screen!

Have 2001 Saturn that I used to autocross until i got tired of wheel bearings. Made it to a few SCCA Track nights years ago now. Now i just enjoy driving on the street. I do really miss the track nights.

Also have a 1977 LTD sedan, imported from Nebraska, pretty cool car. I decided i liked the model after being  given a 76' - rode very nice despite the step-thru aero floorboards and door bottoms (who needs a shower when you can bathe in splashed road water???)

Nebraska had a really cool zoo in Omaha.

I am a member of the Horseless carriage club of Nola, although i have great difficulty making it to a lot of the events unfortunately. the old 400 in that ford has the infamous block crack which i am resolving (with time and precious paper)

Anyway, lots of things to work on and maintain.  

So happy motoring and hot rodding to you folks.

37 38 39

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JvFgC5cOKIpXlkc3ISzpBCltIcf6PiJfaaD2iaupMNOFH6rFuyU0BFM4qEAKwU6t