1 2
asoduk
asoduk New Reader
2/20/13 8:12 p.m.

Saab lover here too; currently have 2, but that seems pretty timid comparatively

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
2/28/13 9:23 p.m.

The rally car has parts from more than 20 cars in it, including a few from a SAAB 900 (brake light switch) and VW Bus (master cylinder rebuild parts).

And it's two stroke. The gas is black!

And it's a caged, logbooked 50 year old rally car that is currently campaigned.

Powar
Powar Dork
3/1/13 7:28 a.m.

^ That photo excites me more than it should.

ls1fiero
ls1fiero Reader
3/1/13 7:43 a.m.

A rookie with only four C900s. Three convertibles. I am looking at two hardtops if that helps.

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
3/1/13 8:24 a.m.

I know two. Both run repair/sales shops. Not sure if they are on here.

Another is into restoring them.

Aspen
Aspen New Reader
3/1/13 11:08 a.m.
modernbeat wrote: The rally car has parts from more than 20 cars in it, including a few from a SAAB 900 (brake light switch) and VW Bus (master cylinder rebuild parts). And it's two stroke. The gas is black! And it's a caged, logbooked 50 year old rally car that is currently campaigned.

That's cool!

I'm a Saaber but only fairly recently. I started to bottom feed when things were going bad back in 2007. First Saab was 2007 9-3 sportcombi, then upgraded to 2008 Turbo X SC in 2011 which I still have. Others above are much more deserving, but I would rock that watch.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit UltraDork
3/1/13 11:45 a.m.

Thanks for the thoughts guys but I would have to agree about Powar, I have only had 4.

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
3/2/13 10:00 a.m.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
3/2/13 10:52 a.m.

Need rear hatch glass for my Sonnet 3 bring to the mitty get free tacos

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
3/2/13 2:38 p.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: Need rear hatch glass for my Sonnet 3 bring to the mitty get free tacos

Karl, I might have that, but will not be going near the Mitty. If the glass is in good shape, it will be in Dallas, TX.

Powar
Powar Dork
3/4/13 9:02 a.m.

Jay is the man. Here's the watch, with some of my desk collection of Matchbox for good measure:

crankwalk
crankwalk Reader
3/4/13 9:17 a.m.

subrew
subrew Reader
3/4/13 11:19 a.m.

First car was a '70 96 V4 Deluxe. My senior project in high school was converting a '68 Sonett V4 to autocross duty. I spent my summers disassembling V4 engines, cleaning and cataloging them. At one point we had close to 30 Sonetts.

I also spent several years working for a Saab specific technical magazine.

I haven't owned a Saab for a long time though. But both my stepdad and step brother still operate vintage Saab businesses.

Chris H.

subrew
subrew Reader
3/4/13 11:20 a.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: Need rear hatch glass for my Sonnet 3 bring to the mitty get free tacos

Sonett. Not Sonnet. It isn't Shakespeare.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LHDSFpNbHY5xsxn2vBxuXOt0Iq2CHne39v3QsIXedW21p1RKoVW8ctO81PNHfu6Y