Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
3/13/19 9:24 a.m.

We're working on a fun new feature to make it much simpler and easier to read the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports magazine. Now you can link your subscription to your website account, and use your website login to read it.

You can link your subscription at your dashboard, which should be here:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/members/dashboard/

Give it a shot if you're curious, and post any issues you have here.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/13/19 9:28 a.m.

Seemed to work fine for me, thanks.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/13/19 11:45 a.m.

I'll try it from home where I have a magazine with the mailing label on it.  Seems like a convenient feature, though!

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/13/19 11:48 a.m.

If you're keeping all my back issues on the dashboard, what I am I going to do with the stack at home?

That's sweet by the way. Whatever you're using as the viewer is really nice.

That and your layout person made the text large enough to actually view and read with the viewer. That's something other magazines I've subscribed to in the past can't seem to figure out.

wae
wae SuperDork
3/13/19 11:50 a.m.

It worked great for me, but I found the mailing label instructions a little unclear in the picture.  The example in the picture didn't look quite like my label so it took a couple tries to figure out that it was digits 1-9 of the last 10 digits of the number right above my name.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
3/13/19 1:44 p.m.

Agreed. and no ZIP+4 needed. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
3/15/19 3:49 p.m.

Linking seems to have worked for me. I don't have a digital subscription, though. Heh.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/15/19 3:50 p.m.

In reply to The0retical :

You act surprised that GRM can get things right that no one else can figure out. I thought that was just the norm.

/brown nosing

Rotaryracer
Rotaryracer Reader
3/15/19 4:42 p.m.

Worked for me, although I had a bit of time figuring out the account code (i.e. which numbers were/were not highlighted)  .I'll chalk it up to my aging eyes...don't tell my co-driver.  smiley

Thanks for the cool new feature!

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
3/21/19 12:11 p.m.

Working for me... 

Are there any plans to digitize or provide older issues? (I definitely understand if not!)

The idea of freeing up shelf space is attractive...!

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Dork
3/21/19 12:18 p.m.

I'll have to try this. I've never been able to get a working username and password for the magazine site.

I finally just gave up, and I wait for it to come in the mail, just like the old days.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/21/19 12:24 p.m.

Cool. I'll try it when I get home.  Hopefully I can find one of my issues with the label still attached (I usually peal them off almost immediately). blush

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
3/21/19 2:24 p.m.

Doesn't work for me.  I put everything after the 00000s in my label.  It says

We couldn’t find your account. Please go to the magazine subscriber services or call 877-677-6878 to retrieve your account info.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
3/25/19 2:54 p.m.

Besides Hess, has anybody else had any issues? We're getting ready to roll this out to a wider audience. 

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
3/25/19 3:58 p.m.

same as above, took some figuring to get the right number, but once I did it worked. 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Dork
3/25/19 8:51 p.m.

Still no luck. This is just like when I gave up years ago.  After emails and phone calls, I just resigned myself to not accessing the magazine on the website. 

I get the print magazine, but it seems like my subscription doesn't exist otherwise.  I'm glad I found the forum. At least I can get on line to participate there. 

So this was no surprise: We couldn’t find your account. Please go to the magazine subscriber services or call 877-677-6878 to retrieve your account info.

I'm not going to bother calling or following the link. I have other things that I can be frustrated about. 

russde
russde New Reader
4/21/19 2:31 p.m.

Tried today...no joy

10 digits from the end, all digits, left off the leading zeros in the last ten digits...nothing

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
4/21/19 2:51 p.m.

No work for me.

miatafan
miatafan New Reader
4/21/19 5:09 p.m.

I was successful and used my member number on the renewal notice I received the other day.  

If you are using the label on the magazine, ignore the first 6 digits and the last one

My member number was only 9 digits.

russde
russde New Reader
4/21/19 6:10 p.m.
miatafan said:

I was successful and used my member number on the renewal notice I received the other day.  

If you are using the label on the magazine, ignore the first 6 digits and the last one

"and the last one."   this is key! Thanks to TheAnswerFan

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
4/21/19 6:47 p.m.
The0retical said:

If you're keeping all my back issues on the dashboard, what I am I going to do with the stack at home?

I put mine on FB marketplace as "10 years of GRM magazines trade for whatever you want to trade me for them"

Guy brought me a bottle of Jameson for them 

:)

Floating Doc
Floating Doc Dork
4/21/19 7:04 p.m.

Aannd... I'm in!

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
4/22/19 9:42 a.m.
russde said:
miatafan said:

"and the last one."   this is key! Thanks to TheAnswerFan

And... That Worked!!  Someone needs to update the destructions.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
4/22/19 10:55 a.m.

Yep, I tried using the numbers on the address label. One; I couldn't really decipher the numbers (is that a 6 or 8??). And 2; the example image on my dashboard didn't match the format on the label.

So then I had to log in to the subscriber page. Which of course I forgot which email address and password I used. One password reset later and I successfully logged into the subscriber services page. Once logged in, I copied my subscription number and pasted into the field on my dashboard. I input my 5 digit zip, hit submit and BAM!

Account is linked!

Not too terrible of a process. I appreciate the feature though! It does simplify access to the digital edition which is nice.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4wSgAaHfC5FZ7Goj7BciibtE2JW4G4RgKYc8gOHDbzqsNPPHPQ3Z4GfVZdCSRG6b