4 5 6
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
1/30/14 2:58 p.m.
OldGray320i wrote:
As I’ve said several times, I grew up believing FWD was a curse like automatic transmissions that should be banned or used as a punishment for rapists. Having grown up and become more encompassing in my world view...
Ok, I could buy in to FWD being fun to drive in spite of my long held preferences, but this, this is more than I can handle - acceptance of automatic transmissions? That is just shameful...

Go drive an L98 C4 Corvette. That thing is flat out fun with an auto, it feels approximately elevnty billion times faster than it really is. E39 540i with an auto lovely. New Mustangs with the Auto in sport mode, all great.

Now my C30, I test drove an Auto before ordering my manual, not that I ever considered an auto for myself, but it’s all any dealer had available. God it was awful!

My wife can and does drive a manual, but as her job is driving around city streets to people’s houses, she prefers an auto for the DD hauler. They've come a long way.

My man card is being returned via the mail

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/30/14 3:02 p.m.
carbon wrote:
nicksta43 wrote: In reply to Adrian_Thompson: You are wrong, Pink Floyd is better than Opera.
Opera vs Pink Floyd. Hmmmmm. Well at least opera's s2000 is rwd. And it's way cooler than their integra for the same reason we've been talking about.

seems appropriate

AverageH
AverageH Reader
1/30/14 3:54 p.m.
iceracer wrote:
AverageH wrote: In reply to yamaha: Yeah, but it's still not the same. I'm talking steering with the throttle. That again is just a rwd emulator to me; no thanks. -Hamid
FWD is very steerable with the throttle. Just in a different way.

Oh yeah?! Well argue because argue. Srsly I know dude.

edited with smiley, as I didn't want to come off being a jerk. Sorry!

-Hamid

4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Bz5kWgA04fuzwn7aIcm0TwvhSG8QxJuGt55pNFrmLTWjTNQ3Ry3LDbhUzj513bC2