1 2 3
Trent
Trent PowerDork
3/4/21 1:23 p.m.

Local kid imported an e30 318it. I have so much jealousy 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/4/21 1:28 p.m.

OK, image troubleshooting data here. I'm on my phone now in current Safari. Desktop is running current Firefox.

Trent's first image is squeezed on both desktop and phone. His two duplicate images are fine on both platforms.

wspohn's clown shoe image was fine on the desktop but is now squeezed on the phone. Oddly enough it is fine in Matt B's quote of wspohn's post.

rothwem's E91 image is squeezed on the phone.  Same for Trent's E30 / Ford truck post.

Everything else appears normally on both platforms.

[edit]

Messing with window widths on the desktop:  everything I noted as being squeezed on the phone will squeeze if I make the desktop window narrow enough.  Everything I noted as fine on the phone resizes in correct proportion on the desktop regardless of window width.

Trent
Trent PowerDork
3/4/21 1:47 p.m.

I noticed while uploading  from the phone that there were size options  and a lock button.  

I played with a few resizing attempts and even the lock button hoping it would lock the ratio to no avail. 

FMB42
FMB42 New Reader
3/4/21 2:00 p.m.

Wagons are cool in my book. And a BMW wagon can, most likely, be picked up for far less than any BMW SUV. Plus, you'll be driving something that doesn't look anything like standard cookie cutter SUVs of today.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
3/4/21 2:36 p.m.

Up here in New England, it's almost impossible to find any post-E36 BMW that's not an iX. And of course, automatics are far more common than manuals, tho the odds of finding a RWD wagon with a stick are damn near impossible.

When I was shopping for a wagon a couple of years ago, I found an E46 iX wagon with an automatic that seemed like a pretty good deal...one owner, BMWCCA member with a couple of other enthusiast cars in the fleet. But man, was that an uninspiring test drive. Super heavy steering that felt absolutely dead. I was very disappointed. It wasn't what I expected from a BMW.

I also dove an E91 wagon, which felt much better but didn't look as good. I'm pretty sure that someone on the Forum scared me off of any BMW after the E46 though.

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/4/21 4:38 p.m.

I had an e39 528iT with the M Package (suspension, brakes, BBS wheels).  Even with an autotragic transmission was awesome, I loved that car.  We had kids and it was hard to fit a baby seat in the rear so I sold it... wish I still had it.  

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
3/4/21 5:08 p.m.

NMNA - For sale now in Atlanta, manual trans.   Link

For Sale Now in Atlanta, NMNA

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/4/21 5:32 p.m.
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/4/21 6:26 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I saw that. It's cool but probably not right for me. I do dig the E39 body, though. 

David S. Wallens
3/4/21 6:27 p.m.

In reply to racerdave600 :

The one my friend offered me was rear-drive and had less miles--and was also a manual. And for less money. And closer. I had just gotten a Subaru wagon, so I passed. I know, we're both idiots. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/4/21 6:59 p.m.

my 528it msport manual. It was an awesome car for 42,000 miles before i punched it into an interstate divider.

dyintorace (Forum Supporter)
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
3/4/21 7:08 p.m.

I miss mine. I loved this car. crying

Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter)
Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter) Reader
3/4/21 8:07 p.m.

My neighbor down the street has an early 2000s 3 series wagon that he has owned for all of the 14 years we have lived here.  It has faded paint on the hood and roof, and yet every time he cruises by I think "I need to buy one of those".  

David S. Wallens
3/5/21 9:45 a.m.

I'd say right now it's a race between E36 and E39 with E46 hanging pretty close. 

Nofive_0
Nofive_0 Reader
3/5/21 2:51 p.m.

Im on my 2nd BMW wagon. '09 328i that I put the manual in. It's a pretty good car. 22 premium MPG is kinda hard to swallow, but it's one of the best highway cara ever. It's hard not to want to put an N54 in them. 

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
3/5/21 2:56 p.m.

In reply to Nofive_0 :

Is that 22 mpg mixed or highway?  If it's all highway, that's surprisingly bad unless you kept a shorter geared diff from the auto or something.  Even with a big V8 and the shorter geared sport pack diff, my E38 will turn in a reliable 24-ish mpg at 75. 

Nofive_0
Nofive_0 Reader
3/6/21 6:17 p.m.

Mixed. It will get about 28-30 on the highway.

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) New Reader
3/6/21 7:26 p.m.

I loved my E39 525i wagon. Wasn't particularly sporty but was built like a tank, smooth and comfortable... Made it to 235k miles and drivetrain was still going strong but auxiliary components like A/C started failing and could not get it to smog so ended up donating it. Still miss that car!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
3/6/21 9:08 p.m.
newold_m (Forum Supporter) said:

I loved my E39 525i wagon. Wasn't particularly sporty but was built like a tank, smooth and comfortable... Made it to 235k miles and drivetrain was still going strong but auxiliary components like A/C started failing and could not get it to smog so ended up donating it. Still miss that car!

I think that is the best looking BMW wagon. I just don't have the cojones to own bmw/merc/audis. I live vicariously through you guys.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/7/21 10:17 a.m.

The real question- why is it now that you want one? Shouldn't you always have wanted one?

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
3/7/21 10:41 a.m.
Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
3/7/21 10:44 a.m.
stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
3/7/21 1:56 p.m.

There's a very tasty BMW e34 M5 Touring on Bring A Trailer right now.  https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-bmw-m5-22/

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/7/21 2:19 p.m.
Subscriber-unavailabile said:

Here's one in Austin

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/kendalia-2001-bmw-touring-super-rare/7285947810.html

This is perfect!

David S. Wallens
3/7/21 2:51 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

I wonder what the hammer will bring. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XtpYHBtn63ELaG2gbSrgTejaP1LXoZXgZWyJYUbLuES9r4nzqtnNiPISq61A2aXx