1 2 3
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
12/31/20 10:50 a.m.

All the projects and cars are running and pretty much 100% now. I even finished doing preventative work on the wife. I don't know why but I really miss the Cadillac. Not the actual car but the size and the usefulness. I used it to take tires for mounting and balance. Been digging around and every single modern big couch of a car is full off button's or for some reason sporty. Where are the last of the big cruisers.

Not sure why this has been rattling around in my head but man buying something like an old Phantom or Ghost and bagging it just seems like fun right now. Or building a VIP style Bentley, heck even a STS on bags would be done. 

Rambling I know but Covid has me stuck and home and the office only and I am going stir crazy plus no real projects to do. 

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
12/31/20 10:54 a.m.

I can't help with your desires, but a friend of mine has been wanting to see my E38 slammed and VIP-ed since the day I bought it...

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
12/31/20 11:12 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:

All the projects and cars are running and pretty much 100% now. I even finished doing preventative work on the wife. I don't know why but I really miss the Cadillac. Not the actual car but the size and the usefulness. I used it to take tires for mounting and balance. Been digging around and every single modern big couch of a car is full off button's or for some reason sporty. Where are the last of the big cruisers.

Not sure why this has been rattling around in my head but man buying something like an old Phantom or Ghost and bagging it just seems like fun right now. Or building a VIP style Bentley, heck even a STS on bags would be done. 

Rambling I know but Covid has me stuck and home and the office only and I am going stir crazy plus no real projects to do. 

Tell me more about this preventative work you did on the wife ?  LOL'z

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
12/31/20 11:13 a.m.

Was gonna say e63s but um nvrmnd.... what about an older s600?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/31/20 11:16 a.m.

If I was doing a VIP it would be the Gen sedan. They got the style, the grille and the size.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
12/31/20 11:24 a.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

VIP Jaaaag

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
12/31/20 11:25 a.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

What are you thinking? A big American like Cadillac or Lincoln? 50's 60's 70's? Newer? 
Import like Benz, Jaguar, ?  Uber Luxury like Rolls Royce?  Bentley?  The later really are to be avoided especially the newer ones. Not that they aren't great but parts and maintenance work is so complex. Brutally so. And parts prices are insane.  Not to mention nothing is on the shelf and must be manufactured. 
Rolls Royce and Bentley after the 60's become really complex.  Depreciation on new cars makes Drug addiction  seem like a cheap hobby  in comparison. With the earlier ones a great knowledge  how things  interchange will go a long way at making ownership reasonable.   

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/31/20 11:34 a.m.

For some reason I've been looking at Delta 88's lately with the thought of driving Route 2 across Montana.  

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/31/20 11:37 a.m.

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

you're wrong:

VIP style Hyundai Genesis Sedan - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
12/31/20 11:38 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

I think he'll be okay

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
12/31/20 11:40 a.m.

I always wanted to do a VIP build on the w140 s600. But that car was a pile. If I coyote late w140, E38 lwb, or Lexus LS I'd def VIP then. Bags, curtains, wheels, all of it. 

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
12/31/20 12:06 p.m.

Me too. I watched some of Hoovies videos and that scared me off those cheapish Bentleys/Rolls. The exception mightttt be those Arnage Green Labels that used BMW powertrains. 

The one thats been catching my eye has been 80s/90s Toyota Centurys. Built to a crazy high standard, unique, RHD (a plus to me), Toyota reliability. Duncan has a couple under 10k. 

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
12/31/20 12:08 p.m.

inspo

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
12/31/20 12:08 p.m.

I've always had a thing for the M45s too. Def Yakuza tough.

Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude)
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) MegaDork
12/31/20 12:11 p.m.

I had a '87 Town Car for several years. It's one of the cars a really regret selling. Sometimes you want to just set the cruise and eat up the miles. It was a outstanding car at that and probably the most comfortable vehicle I've every owned. 

Off to CL and Marketplace. 

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/31/20 12:15 p.m.

It might not be super unique but when I hear “The last of the big cruisers,” I think 90s GM B body.

noddaz
noddaz UltraDork
12/31/20 12:20 p.m.

Here you go.  Set up with a big block Chevy and is unfinished in Baltimoe.

Rolls

j_tso
j_tso Reader
12/31/20 12:26 p.m.

In reply to fatallightning :

Gotta wait another year then the first V12 Centuries become available.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
12/31/20 12:28 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

It might not be super unique but when I hear “The last of the big cruisers,” I think 90s GM B body.

thats so pretty and pulls at my heartstrings hard

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
12/31/20 12:30 p.m.

To be clear I am thinking a modern ghost like this. I have been looking at ls Lexus as well where I can bag it but the interior looks like a giant stereo with all the buttons. 

I could totally do a Chevy swapped older rolls  there are kits to remove the hydro suspension that are not cheap but reasonable

So I am distracted as well. This is v8 swapped with a th350 on bags and has a Camaro clip already. Could get this for like 7k I bet. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
12/31/20 2:46 p.m.
fatallightning said:

I've always had a thing for the M45s too. Def Yakuza tough.

That's my jam

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
12/31/20 2:47 p.m.
fatallightning said:

Me too. I watched some of Hoovies videos and that scared me off those cheapish Bentleys/Rolls. The exception mightttt be those Arnage Green Labels that used BMW powertrains. 

The one thats been catching my eye has been 80s/90s Toyota Centurys. Built to a crazy high standard, unique, RHD (a plus to me), Toyota reliability. Duncan has a couple under 10k. 

You left out the best part about those! Toyota v12!!!

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
12/31/20 3:56 p.m.
Vajingo said:
fatallightning said:

You left out the best part about those! Toyota v12!!!

The import eligible ones are v8s. Another year or 2 for the v12s. Interestingly the 4.0l v8s in these are unique to the century, being first introuced in the late 60s as an all alloy 3.0l hemi v8 designed with Yamaha.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/31/20 4:41 p.m.

Came here to say Jag.  XJR is my choice.

For the more maintenance-heavy choice, maybe a 750iL?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
12/31/20 4:43 p.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:
wearymicrobe said:

Tell me more about this preventative work you did on the wife ?  LOL'z

Not going to live that one down if she see's that. DId the maintaince on her car, full fluid flush and tires and brakes, just about at 50K miles and she does not want to upgrade.  

We are cleaning the house right now and chucking furniture that the cats have eaten so I am a little bit out of sorts.   

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aPx8Kg5kAIssfEeygFWyUR2XtYkpfTrPaynHwMMuWBrBEwD0E6Gi3ZXXpRJ3yvzz