1 2 3 4 5
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/1/21 10:24 p.m.

I can get a Lincoln Black Label used so cheap. Like 40K. I can get a sub 15K mile oem certified premium for like 30K all day. This may be the one. All the reviews say you don't need to use the touch screen and its fast with a 400hp 3.0 tt motor. 

2020 Lincoln Continental Black Label Sedan

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
1/1/21 10:53 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

I can get a Lincoln Black Label used so cheap. Like 40K. I can get a sub 15K mile oem certified premium for like 30K all day. This may be the one. All the reviews say you don't need to use the touch screen and its fast with a 400hp 3.0 tt motor. 

2020 Lincoln Continental Black Label Sedan

Boss man had one of these as a loaner when his Navigator was in the shop for a few days.  He said it was sneaky quick especially for a 4 door luxury car. 

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/1/21 10:56 p.m.
Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
1/2/21 5:54 a.m.

I drove an M45 once and it was pretty fun.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
1/2/21 6:32 a.m.

All good but I have a thing for Asian VIPs. I say Lexus or Genesis. 

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/2/21 10:53 a.m.

Lexus LS is the answer.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/2/21 2:20 p.m.

Going to look at a black series Continental in a few hours. Found one at about 76K sticker for 59K. Has 1000 miles and was driven by the site manager which means I might be able to lease it for next to nothing because it still counts as new. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/2/21 4:18 p.m.

HAHAH so the continental is categorical the worst tuned car I have ever driven in my life. For  70K for a black label they should be ashamed. 

It rolls on the freeway like it is drunk in comfort, it does not go when you push the pedal. Somehow you can still hear the freeway expansion joints in comfort. In sport its harsher then my R8 in comfort. The steering wheel is sporty in tune but no feel. Its loud inside surprisingly loud. It has pedal feel that does not match how it is braking. In normal its just a mishmash of the above. Slightly wobbly, slightly hard on sharp bumps. Heavier steering and I swear they tuned it sporty. 

Now the good, the stereo is amazing, the seats are to die for and the space inside and in the trunk is great as well. But I actually think a F`150 platinum at about the same cost with 300lb's in the bed would actually be more comfortable. Its hilariously bad at its mission. I think my father in law would get sea sick in comfort.   

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/2/21 4:29 p.m.

At its release, I wanted to be excited for the Continental.  It looks impressive in print and impressive when seen in a quick glance/passing on the road.  But, after inspection, it becomes evident that it is a tarted-up MKZ which is a tarted-up Fusion.   It's a shame that Lincoln didn't build it on the Taurus/Flex/MKT chassis in an attempt to make it genuinely a car of impressive proportions.  

The black-label advantages are pretty shameful too.  The seats are great but it seems wrong to the more average Continental buyer to have those seats held ransom for spending the black label dollars.  

The 3.0Ltt engine was offered in the much cheaper MKZ too.  

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/2/21 4:54 p.m.

You can get the fancy seats for 1600$ as an option in 2020 and in 2019. Still a hilariously bad car.  

Driving out to look at a ghost right now for a client actually.  

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/2/21 5:46 p.m.

May I humbly suggest a TT Flex?

Take my 2012 Titanium for example, upsize the wheels to 22's, and bag it. Great seats, great tech (especially in the 13+, just get a good one...), and stupid fast especially for their size. And how VIP is a refrigerator?!? 

G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter)
G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/2/21 10:11 p.m.

Since you were disappointed in the Conti, check out the Genesis G90. A relative of mine bought something like the 11th new-shape G90 in Canada and he absolutely adores it. Big presence, thunderous stereo that offers absurd staging once you turn on "on-stage mode," proper naturally-aspirated V8 smoothness.

Here's a super quick-and-dirty photochop of one dropped on Leon Hardiritt Ordens

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/4/21 2:28 p.m.

G90 is on the list. So is the GV80 if they lease well. 

Also I drove a Ghost, yeah I want one its about perfect. Easy to park, easy to drive, effortless on the road just about 100% perfect in every single way. Not 100K usd for a 2011 with 50K miles good but close. If I found a newer one like 14/15 single owner at that price with less miles I would be sorely tested. It was that good. But I would be ruined for other cars if I owned one its just the best thin for traffic and long distance that I could imagine. 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/5/21 12:39 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

May I humbly suggest a TT Flex?

Take my 2012 Titanium for example, upsize the wheels to 22's, and bag it. Great seats, great tech (especially in the 13+, just get a good one...), and stupid fast especially for their size. And how VIP is a refrigerator?!? 

From memory with bolt ons the TT Flex's are in the low 12's....  Would be hilarious to eat muscle cars in a mom bomb.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/5/21 12:56 p.m.

So yeah I can get a 2019 Flex Premium fully loaded  with the ecoboost 3.5 AWD and a towing package and everything with around 30-40k miles for about 25K out here in California. With AWD.  Still in warranty.

For about 3K I could build a monster in terms of the motor then another 3K for the air ride setup. 

I can tow the bug to the desert, I can remove the rear seats and haul just about anything. Going to go test drive one. 

kiwee33 2009 Ford FlexSEL Sport Utility 4D's Photo Gallery at CarDomain

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
1/5/21 1:13 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

RR Ghost? I feel like those are cars that you get driven in, not drive yourself lol

1/5/21 2:08 p.m.

Now you're talking! The TT is a tune and intake away from 12's and there's guys knocking on 10's with upgraded turbo guts and intercoolers. If you want to get stupid crazy with power there's the HO parts from the Raptor version and then the Ford GT version...

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/5/21 3:03 p.m.
11GTCS said:

Where you’ve had a Cadillac, just my humble suggestion:

Mark 3 so baller!

Shavarsh
Shavarsh New Reader
1/5/21 3:13 p.m.

Looking forward to the outcome of all of this

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/5/21 4:16 p.m.

HAHAHAHA I think I just bought a 2018 Limited Flex. 

2018 3.5 Ecoboost. AWD. EVERY SINGLE OPTION POSSIBLE> I mean down to the black wheels and the seats monster msrp. 31K miles. One year only color. Full service history, just serviced with new tires and oil changes going back.

Plan is 

• Pull the rear seats and build a fully flat bed in the rear, build a sub box under the floor and put a JLw7.
  • Pull the whole interior and sound deaden everything. Like 200 sqf of killmat
  • 91 Octane tune will put it around 450hp if I do the intake and a few other small things. Its really cheap to do. 
  • Real question is the air-ride. No real off the shelf kit but ~3K or so would do it custom with a shop that I trust. Another 500 or so to do set and forget ride hight. 
  • Rack on tpp for the surfboards and maybe a deflector and box. 
  • Rotoform wheels in gold. 
  • ES#2972914 - CCV-SQ-2085-451K - 20" CCV Wheels - Set Of Four  - 20"x8.5" ET45 66.6CB 5x112 Machined Silver - Rotiform - Audi

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
1/5/21 4:23 p.m.

Mmmm Rotiform

1/5/21 4:23 p.m.

Oh hell yeah!!!

If you get Air Ride figured out, I would be very interested in a set.

1/5/21 4:25 p.m.
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/5/21 4:50 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

Tune Package

This is the intake I have

When you are ready to get serious...

Its me. Its going to get serious real quick. Already sent and email out to my wheel guy to see what he has that will fit, he has some used HRE's and a bunch of other cool stuff like TE37's so I might get lucky and find something rare and cool off the rack. 

EDIT he has a set of te37's in 20's that are 5x114 but 11 inches wide. That's not going to fit. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
1/5/21 8:12 p.m.

Before I ended up with the Kia as a DD, I was exploring full sized luxury barges from the 90's-present. We have a family friend that recently picked up a Genesis G90 with the V8, and man, that car is something. Love that thing. 

I was looking for something a few years old to finance, or a full sized something from the 90's with a V8. Of the newer stuff, I didn't find anything in my price range that did anything for me, and the older stuff was dried up as well. Only thing I found mildly interesting  in the "older" category was a modded Buick Roadmaster sedan with a LT1 that I couldn't justify the $7k price for. Stupid used car shortage... 

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LkHdFYrjEj57IpvfRf62R6ox7JwuhkLp5Mwbv9kB2gDvxnxqDgpTi3bNgDf6pNFx