3 4 5
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/20/23 3:21 p.m.

Definitely cool options but why not something like the Lucid Air?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
3/20/23 3:27 p.m.
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) said:

Definitely cool options but why not something like the Lucid Air?

I have driven most of the big electrics and the only one I actually like is the Taycan, but the electricity cost in San Diego is the highest in the country and the cost to fill up at the office if I needed to is obscene. I want to do what I normally do, find a good deal on a car that is near the bottom of the deprecation curve, drive it for a few years and then sell it just below market so it goes quick. only costs me time to find the deal. you make or break your costs on the buy not the sell. I love my Flex its about the most perfect daily car you can buy but it rattles, terribly and its not the easiest to see out of which makes my wife nervous when driving.  Really San Diego is going to pot the street are worse then TJ in some area's, expecially around my home and near the water where I spend 90% of my time.  

If I was being honest with myself I should just go get the best 997.2 PDK turbo and drive it for the next decade but that would be a bit boring and well the local Porsche dealers are scum around here for service and support. 

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/20/23 3:34 p.m.

Makes sense 

Surprised the roads are so bad. I lived there 10 years ago in the Carmel Valley hood and the roads were fantastic 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/20/23 4:31 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

slightly OT:  how many people are in front of me for the Flex?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
3/20/23 5:22 p.m.

If they don't take it your next in line. 

dannyp84
dannyp84 HalfDork
3/20/23 6:29 p.m.

Sounds like your next car needs to have some tire sidewall if your local infrastructure is crumbling. Is the interior nice on the F150 Raptor? Seems like it would sell easily if you got tired of it. Too bad Cadillac doesn't really sell a modern version of the DeVille.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/20/23 6:54 p.m.

Speaking of Cadillac, how about one of those Volts ala Cadillac...ELR?

Kind of a modern take on an Eldorado.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
3/21/23 8:26 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:

I am driving about 3-4K miles a year all at slow speeds and all in traffic so I am going nuts and looking at a Flying Spur or a Ghost. Also looking at a G55 from one of my uncles who is getting to old to use it everyday. 

YOLO! Do it for us that do not have those options!

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
3/21/23 8:38 a.m.

In the used market I'd have to take a close look at the Bentley Continental GT with the W12. 

Used 2017 Bentley Continental GT W12 For Sale ($132,823) | Perfect Auto  Collection Stock #HC059558

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/21/23 12:45 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

If they don't take it your next in line. 

Minor confession:  i did not read the last page and didn't know you were currently making moves to sell it.  I figured you'd just reply "Flex is keeper."  8-/

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
j7gL17QU5PioGtiX13U2VX9n8YIdVyOBPmIjdMjaDa6HWHBILgUI4mxZU5ms6Mxo