1 2
Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
7/6/22 2:22 p.m.
YoursTruly
YoursTruly New Reader
7/6/22 3:20 p.m.

In reply to Advan046 :

What happens if I lie and show up at my destination to return the car?

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
7/6/22 10:14 p.m.

In reply to YoursTruly :

You will get a really big bill. Usually miles for the whole trip at a dime a mile at least. 

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
7/6/22 10:43 p.m.

Also a heavy renter. Usually airports but also local pickup for business trips that are driveable. I always preferred Hertz but my company requires us to use Avis. Agreed that you have to sign up for the loyalty program. Avis is great now with the app. I go straight to the car and then scan a QR code to leave. I'm literally hundreds of rentals (including one right now) I've only had one problem and it was the last time I rented. Avis tried to charge me $300 for a cleaning fee and I returned the car spotless. They even sent me pictures. I called and they offered to cut it in half. I said no and asked for a supervisor.  I encouraged them to look at my rental history, all the cars I have had and never had a problem. The finally dropped it. I did make sure to take a lot of pictures this time, I guess the pictures are like insurance, you almost never need it but it's nice to have when you do. 

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
7/7/22 1:05 a.m.

In reply to YoursTruly :

Never tried, but I think they would jam you up big time with fees. Unless you have a lot of history with that rental chain and they want to waive it. 

I don't doubt there are real costs to one way rentals for the rental companies but don't know exactly what. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rv3hfHenGTx8nhGdKBQdbHGvg5RFQJYRzSkmtnRtQEvidjPgmzw03SR58CxQnORe