1 2
Spinout007
Spinout007 UltraDork
10/31/13 8:11 p.m.

Turned into an impromptu swap meet of sorts? Its always kinda shocked me a bit that it hasn't happened. Occasionally you see a for sale sign on something but I really haven't seen much of it in the last six years or so that I've been?

Just curious.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/31/13 8:27 p.m.

Awesome idea, I am in

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
10/31/13 8:38 p.m.

Ill try and bring all my turbo dodge stuff if someone needs it. Just one bin of wiring and computers and such tho.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
10/31/13 8:41 p.m.

I sent up the flag several years ago. No one saluted.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/31/13 8:52 p.m.

I'll have stuffs.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/31/13 8:59 p.m.

Good question. If we built it, would they come?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/31/13 9:16 p.m.

I will bring stuff and will not want to haul it back

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
11/1/13 12:34 a.m.
Jaxmadine wrote: Ill try and bring all my turbo dodge stuff if someone needs it. Just one bin of wiring and computers and such tho.

Needs is a strong word in my case but i'm very interested in what computers they are..

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
11/1/13 2:21 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: I will bring stuff and will not want to haul it back

don't show your hand so early... now everyone knows to not get anything from you until you are getting ready to pack up to leave...

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
11/1/13 5:55 a.m.
Jaxmadine wrote: Ill try and bring all my turbo dodge stuff if someone needs it. Just one bin of wiring and computers and such tho.

We always need more parts. Even if its for that one project that you might think about doing after this other project gets done three years from now even though you haven't even bought the car yet.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
11/1/13 6:41 a.m.

One 2.2 turbo computer and two 2.5 turbo computers. Also a full harness from a daytona turbo and some various sensors. Also a dizzy adapter for a neon head. Maybe more. Havnt looked in awhile.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
11/1/13 7:58 a.m.
novaderrik wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: I will bring stuff and will not want to haul it back
don't show your hand so early... now everyone knows to not get anything from you until you are getting ready to pack up to leave...

I have been well supported by GRMers in my Challenge prep, so I am looking to pass it on, my "prices" will reflect this

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
11/1/13 8:26 a.m.

YES, YES, YES!!!!

This should happen.

Depending on how much room we have in our vehicles, I might be able to bring a few things. I still have some Turbo Dodge stuff (a pair of boost gauges, some engine brackets, etc), some 2nd Gen F-Body stuff (79-81 T/A tail lights, set of rear window louvers, other odds and ends) and a nice rebuildable 1970 Olds 455 long block. I also have a new heater core for a 1997 Dodge Dakota without A/C. If there's any real interest in that stuff, I'll see if I can bring it down. It's a long haul down from MA.

If anyone has a random rust free spare tire well for a 1987-1994 Dodge Shadow or Plymouth Sundance, let me know!

hobiercr
hobiercr Dork
11/1/13 9:41 a.m.

In reply to SilverFleet:

How much meat around the well do you need? There are a lot of K bodies in my local LKQ right now. I'm going to look for a tail light and shifter surround for Vigo and the tire well may be feasible but I'm going to wish I had a portable plasma cutter. I don't have a battery powered sawzall but may be able to borrow one to do this.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
11/1/13 10:01 a.m.

In reply to hobiercr:

I would need the spare tire well and a little bit around the top flange to be able to cut the old one out and weld the new one in easily. How much would a chunk like that go for? Also, I'm not sure a K Body and a P Body will have the same sheet metal.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/1/13 10:02 a.m.

I have a ton of Yugo parts I can bring but I don't know how much interest there would be in them...

hobiercr
hobiercr Dork
11/1/13 10:10 a.m.

In reply to SilverFleet:

I have no clue what LKQ would want for that. They are pretty proud of their stuff.

http://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/LKQ_Self_Service_Auto_Parts_-_Clearwater-190/prices/

I think there was Sundance there too. I'll have to go back and check for sure. Are there 2/4 door options for this? Would it matter?

Spinout007
Spinout007 UltraDork
11/1/13 10:54 a.m.

In reply to SilverFleet:

Bring an empty trailer, I've got a 92 sundance minus motor and computer you can have for scrap $$

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
11/1/13 11:07 a.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

I'd be all over that, but our trailer is going to be full of Race Jeep.

If you feel like hacking out the spare tire well, let me know! That's all I really need.

Rick Goolsby
Rick Goolsby Events Manager
11/1/13 11:08 a.m.

Brilliant idea!!
I say for this year you can set up the goods you want to sell in your pit area and sell from there.
Maybe in 2014 we can look at expanding it to have like a swap meet or something more elaborate.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
11/1/13 11:11 a.m.

In reply to hobiercr:

The spare tire well would be the same no matter how many doors.

petegossett
petegossett UberDork
11/1/13 11:21 a.m.

That might be enough of a reason for me to finally attend!

Spinout007
Spinout007 UltraDork
11/1/13 11:23 a.m.

With the new schedule Saturday would be perfect.

silverfleet I'll let u know, i'm planning on pulling the motor with a sawzall

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UberDork
11/1/13 5:02 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: Turned into an impromptu swap meet of sorts? Its always kinda shocked me a bit that it hasn't happened. Occasionally you see a for sale sign on something but I really haven't seen much of it in the last six years or so that I've been? Just curious.

If the hotel doesn't hate us already....

But yeah, if something could be set up at the track, sounds like a good idea.

New Challenge class. Car built with parts solely from the swap meet. You have 36hrs to shop, build, and race.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/1/13 5:55 p.m.

I suggest there be a Dumpster onsite. If you don't want to haul stuff back and can't sell it, it goes in the Dumpster.

If you take a part from the Dumpster, it has a FMV of $0.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PYG0PF9ocePLIEWQUxtomqr3BDB8y4Jyh3piTYO5GIsD7uBQHGDdeQGI4lhMxfkx