1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/5/21 12:44 a.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) :

Unless someone has really,  really taken care of it, any 9C1 is completely roached at this point. 

I miss my old squad car.

neanderthaul
neanderthaul
10/5/21 12:29 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) :

How about a 2012 9c1? This series also has a Super Interceptor class for non-spec legal cop cars.

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
10/5/21 3:28 p.m.

I think this is really cool. Maybe cooler than it actually is!

I have a good friend who is a cop and he told me all the cops miss the Crown Vics. He told me they hate the Chargers even though they are faster. I almost never see the Caprice/G8. Wonder why. 

Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter)
Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/5/21 5:53 p.m.

Hell yeah brother

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
10/5/21 5:56 p.m.
frenchyd said:

But who's going to volunteer to ride in the back seat in handcuffs? 

It's my understanding that the people in handcuffs in the back of a cop car are rarely volunteers.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/6/21 12:55 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
frenchyd said:

But who's going to volunteer to ride in the back seat in handcuffs? 

It's my understanding that the people in handcuffs in the back of a cop car are rarely volunteers.

"You know, the cleanest and nicest police car I have ever been in in my life. This thing's nicer than my apartment. "

clshore
clshore Reader
2/13/22 10:41 a.m.

Formula Cop Car, FCC

mhisstc
mhisstc New Reader
2/13/22 6:40 p.m.

After one particularly difficult weekend dealing with everything racecar, my racing partner and I outlined a Time Trial series we liked to call "Spec Silver".  It's all non-police versions of Grand Marquis and Crown Vics (and possibly other vehicles commonly chosen by individuals who may be over a certain age) where the vehicle must remain bone stock down to the all season tires and all power accessories must work including power seats, power windows, radio and A/C.  You're DQ'd if any of that is found to be inoperable in tech after a run session.  The premise is to get a group of people to show up with similar cars with an absolute minimum of preparation outside of normal maintenance and drive a slow car fast on the track for bragging rights.  We wanted to reward people who also drove their car to the track and who ran older versions of the cars with the pushrod V8, but we never completely worked out the handicapping system for that or for other vehicles beyond the Panther chassis.

GeddesB
GeddesB New Reader
2/13/22 9:40 p.m.

I would totally be in for the Metro-State racing team. 

Geofordman
Geofordman New Reader
2/13/22 10:10 p.m.

Can my car race with you guys? Lol Now you know why I put a Mustang body on one! 

t321sg
t321sg New Reader
6/17/22 1:20 p.m.

In reply to btmautosport :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWyXcUfPDQA

This will help you set it up, including the transmission

t321sg
t321sg New Reader
6/17/22 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

BrushCreek in Ohio routinely runs them at their track.

https://brushcreekmotorsports.com/index.php/rules/common-man-crown-vic-rules/

t321sg
t321sg New Reader
6/17/22 1:31 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

The Caprice / G8 are all for sale in Chicago!  https://chicagomotors.com/inventory

t321sg
t321sg New Reader
6/17/22 1:32 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

https://chicagomotors.com/inventory

Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev Reader
6/17/22 4:13 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

I'm wondering if we'll start seeing Chargers becoming the new "Fat Miata". 

I'm already seeing auctioned cruisers around town but no idea what the price point is. 

Sam
Sam None
6/22/22 2:00 p.m.
Cactus said:

I've got a good argument against them: the transmission is awful. You need to put a giant cooler on the car to ensure you can do more than a single lap. Also, flooring it 2 seconds before you get to the apex in anticipation of the kickdown is unnatural.

I'm a big fan of running what you brung, and they're fun to haul around a track, but if you thought stock Miatas were slow...

Sam
Sam New Reader
Cactus said:

I've got a good argument against them: the transmission is awful. You need to put a giant cooler on the car to ensure you can do more than a single lap. Also, flooring it 2 seconds before you get to the apex in anticipation of the kickdown is unnatural.

I'm a big fan of running what you brung, and they're fun to haul around a track, but if you thought stock Miatas were slow...

Sam
Sam New Reader
Cactus said:

Sam
Sam New Reader
Cactus said:

Sam
Sam New Reader
Cactus said:

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
6/26/22 9:24 a.m.

Race at willow springs this weekend:

https://www.racespecp71.com/

David S. Wallens
6/27/22 9:54 a.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Thanks for sharing, and happy to see the series getting attention. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
12/16/23 10:24 p.m.

Some berkeleying weirdo made a super accurate Assetto Corsa model of this car and a Spec Racing series for it.

David S. Wallens
12/18/23 11:45 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Hey, we know that weirdo. :)

Follow the Spec P71 Racing Series FB page for details.

Pic just because you know you want to.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TfTk5QvBFvgu28LUWcjMLErHC2kLvH0T0TMFXw1HePh8JiJ3hsa5Ng17SuU4SoIE