speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
11/25/12 8:36 a.m.

I just got back from the turkey rod run and attend several other swap meets within a few hundred miles and unless Im blind theres not a swap meet for wierd cars.What I mean by that is kit car parts,euroean,German what have you.Do you guys know of any?

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
11/25/12 9:33 a.m.

Years ago Reninger's swap meet in Mt Dora used to have some Brit and German stuff show up, but it seems to all have dried up. Maybe someone should convince Orlando's Martin Sports Car Club to do a swap meet. I've also wondered why you never see any SCCA swaps, it seems like a no brainer fo the off season.

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
11/25/12 9:52 a.m.

Yep,agreed.I've lived here in Florida for 4 years and have seen tons of cars and parts at yard sales and estate sells and there should be tons of people willing and wanting to see a swap meet like that.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/25/12 12:04 p.m.

You couldn't find anything weird at Turkey Rod Run??

While it is certainly heavy on street rods and classics, I've always found plenty of quirky stuff.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
11/25/12 12:15 p.m.

I'm sure than any Orphans show will be full of oddballs.

speedbiu
speedbiu Reader
11/25/12 3:07 p.m.

Nothing odd that I could find.Just the same ol same ol.Don't get me wrong I like looking but wish I could find a swap meet for Euroean cars and such.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
11/25/12 6:56 p.m.

Webster (Sumter County Auto Swap) is going down hill, even for domestic car parts. Now people seem to bring out more and more random flea market garbage and less and less car parts.

The All British Car Club does a neat little show in Orlando every April and they have a few nitty gritty swap vendors set up, but it's all Brit as you might expect.

There's also a bug jam in Lakeland every year that has plenty VW stuff.

You might also check out the Kaiser-Deveraux show in Sarasota, There's always an intersting mix of oddball stuff out there

2GRX7
2GRX7 New Reader
1/20/17 4:56 p.m.

Dead thread upraising! I'm just trying to find out if there's ANY type of swap meets anymore in the Central Florida region? I've got to find some cheap LS parts for my Chal, er, um HPDE car!

Stampie
Stampie Dork
1/20/17 5:16 p.m.

In reply to 2GRX7:

Zephyrhills Feb 16th - 19th is the only one I know of.

http://zephyrhillsautoevents.com/swap-meet-car-corral-home-page/

2GRX7
2GRX7 New Reader
1/20/17 6:45 p.m.

Thanks, Stampie!

Danny Shields
Danny Shields Reader
1/21/17 5:46 a.m.

Carlisle in Lakeland is the following week, Feb 23-26.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wfc5bXIMffMSLpDfPe4AwltxQHYJ3KLlCOUD3VQRCSGvSe3qTsPt0H3pzbO0gI6g