DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
2/9/13 1:25 a.m.

Spotted this in Scottsdale, Arizona recently. It's so wild I had to share. The rear bodywork makes me think "Moby Dick." Center lock wheels with 345/25 tires!

David

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
2/9/13 1:33 a.m.

That first shot makes me think they were emulating an Exige.

jwickett722
jwickett722 New Reader
2/9/13 2:04 a.m.

Definately not a custom job by an individual. would have been done by an aftermarket company, my best guess is TechArt. I like the rear spoiler, it has hints of the 1986 Ruf CTR2 Yellowbird.

Catatafish
Catatafish Reader
2/9/13 2:49 a.m.

Not usually a fan of modified Porsches, but yes please!

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
2/9/13 3:28 a.m.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/117969-very-custom-996-gt2-rsr.html

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
2/9/13 6:04 a.m.

Wow, that thing is intense. A GT2 is already a killer (in the literal sense), and adding a ton more power is only a good thing...

MichaelYount
MichaelYount Reader
2/9/13 9:06 a.m.

"That first shot makes me think they were emulating an Exige." The other way around.

Looks nicely executed - but all the scoops, curves, bells, whistles makes me think it's trying just a bit too hard. "Hey, look at me! Look at me!"

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
2/9/13 9:35 a.m.

Wow. Amazing build. That guy isn't afraid of spending some money...

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
2/9/13 10:22 a.m.

Cocaine, airplanes and that car are Gods way of telling you you have too much money. Its horrid in my books.

peter
peter HalfDork
2/9/13 10:27 a.m.
Ian F wrote: Wow. Amazing build. That guy isn't afraid of spending some money...

Nah, if he weren't afraid of spending money, he'd take it to the track and risk balling it up. Willing to bet he's a hard-parker.

Not my cup of tea, but more power to him for going over-the-top.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
2/9/13 11:28 a.m.

Hideous for a street car, but well executed.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH UltimaDork
2/9/13 12:04 p.m.

He needs to paint the vents and dive planes the same color as the car, or drive it fast enough for nobody to get a good look...

jere
jere Reader
2/9/13 12:57 p.m.

At first glance I was thinking it was neat, but looking through that build thread changed my mind. $11,000 for a set of wheels, $4000 for a powersteering... over $300K for the whole thing. Now I am just thinking that is too much money for something that will have a hard time with Miatas in and out of the corners.

TR8owner
TR8owner Reader
2/9/13 4:08 p.m.

Well, I guess beauty really does lie in the eye of the beholder.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltraDork
2/10/13 11:55 a.m.

Is that roof scoop even hooked to anything? Looks like it's just pinched closed at the end. Add what ever vents, scoops, grilles you want to a car, just make sure they do a legit function.

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
2/10/13 11:58 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Is that roof scoop even hooked to anything? Looks like it's just pinched closed at the end. Add what ever vents, scoops, grilles you want to a car, just make sure they do a legit function.

According to the thread, it's part of the rear window, and it goes to the intercoolers.

doc_speeder
doc_speeder Reader
2/10/13 12:49 p.m.

Holy F&F Batman. That thing is hideous.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
plINhw4pweuKreg8z0XSTHPvGXiKrKNSmticHIaRl7s7aC6ih4ksp8nwSyt64WB0