Floating Doc
Floating Doc SuperDork
7/22/19 2:32 p.m.

We're going to get the windows done in our Mazda 5 van.  This is Florida, and we normally keep our cars for many years so it makes sense to get the best tint, both for heat rejection as well as durability. 

The last time we had a car done,  we went with whatever top-grade ceramic that they sold to my wife. The tint itself was well done and it's held up quite well for several years, but I had to take the car back to have them replace some of the interior parts that were lost (covers for the screws). I don't really want to give them any more business. 

My questions: What tint product is considered superior at this time? Wife revisited the previous shop, they were touting something called IRX. 

Any recommendations for an installer? We're in the same county as the GRM Mothership. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
7/22/19 3:09 p.m.

This is relevant to my interests, too. Karl on here is the best tint guy ever, but the three-hour-drive to get to him is tougher and tougher to find time for. 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc SuperDork
7/22/19 3:27 p.m.

Three hours, that would be a tough sell to the wife.

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
7/22/19 4:24 p.m.

I had a couple of cars tinted with 3M Crystalline. Its not cheap but very good at rejecting heat. 

I also did one with 3M Color Stable on the sides and back, and the windshield with 3M Crystalline clear. 

I would do the second option again if I had to tint a car. Regarding shops, I can only recommend you one in south Florida if you want to make the drive south. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xOMELIpEpFQVMovWde2lpW4AZEZyNn2cOp6IZwYOHJ7rDGc1LOU6jKJacWqGzMn8