Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/11/19 2:14 p.m.
feature_image

Things have been going well at Grassroots Motorsports. We just hired Marc Minasian, our newest associate publisher, to help continue to grow our advertising and events partnerships. But we’re still looking for two more exceptional people to join our team. Motorsport Marketing, Inc., GRM&…

Read the rest of the story

Curtis
Curtis UltimaDork
2/11/19 2:21 p.m.

If only I knew how to be a publisher... and liked FL

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
2/11/19 3:38 p.m.

They provide $2019 to purchase a company car I assume...

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater Reader
2/11/19 3:38 p.m.

What Curtis said plus wasn't 70 years old.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
2/11/19 4:55 p.m.

Picture of beer cooler

te72
te72 Reader
2/11/19 8:54 p.m.

Love you all, but I don't think you guys could pay me to move to Florida. I need my mountains. =)

vazbmw
vazbmw HalfDork
2/12/19 10:08 a.m.

I am interested!!!

I have applied. 

But here is a link to my LinkedIn:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vasindouglas/

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
2/13/19 1:49 p.m.

In reply to vazbmw :

I applied as well, so you will definitely be preferred over at least one of candidate!

(and I'm paranoid that my cover letter didn't submit as when i review the resume and questions, it shows the cover letter portion as blank)

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
2/13/19 1:52 p.m.
purplepeopleeater said:

What Curtis said plus wasn't 70 years old.

As a company owner I actually look at this as a plus!!

Tom Suddard
3/13/19 9:05 a.m.

Just bumping this up, everybody. We're still looking for another Associate Publisher, but we're also hiring a new Digital Editor, too!

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/13/19 4:49 p.m.

Sadly, these are skills that I do not possess.

Do you guys ever have stuff that catches on fire? Because I’m really good with that sort of thing. 

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/13/19 5:00 p.m.

I know of a digital editor who I strongly recommend, I'll see if I can get them to consider leaving where they currently are. 

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
3/13/19 5:20 p.m.

I don't English well and publishers do what?

But, if........You need anyone to test drive different cars given by the manufacturer, perhaps in Texas. I'm your man. 

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/13/19 5:31 p.m.
Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
3/13/19 6:28 p.m.
Woody said:

Do you guys ever have stuff that catches on fire? Because I’m really good with that sort of thing. 

Um, starting or ending the fire?

tmechanic
tmechanic New Reader
3/13/19 7:44 p.m.

I don't think I could afford the pay cut.

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/13/19 7:53 p.m.

In reply to tmechanic :

Their are some careers where you never work a day in your life, instead you get up and do what you love. For a good number of persons, these opportunities would be the case. 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/13/19 8:42 p.m.
Stefan said:
Woody said:

Um, starting or ending the fire?

Either way. 

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UberDork
3/13/19 9:31 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Wait, a one month turnaround on the last Digital Editor or another one?!

Tom Suddard
3/13/19 11:08 p.m.

Our last hire was in the sales department a month ago, and now we’re hiring a Digital Editor. You may have seen an ad for an Associate Editor before, which has been filled for the time being. 

Esoteric Nixon - Jordan
Esoteric Nixon - Jordan UltraDork
3/14/19 12:04 a.m.

I was worried when I saw the original post date, but was happy to see this is current!  I applied.

robmillion
robmillion New Reader
3/14/19 6:56 a.m.

do you guys need a locksmith? an access control tech? maybe an alarm guy? maybe some guy to draw idiotic comic strips? i can do all that and less!!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
3/14/19 8:03 a.m.

I might've applied for digital editor if I was in Florida. I'm maybe not the best on communication skills (although I am versed in the ancient dark art of spelling), but I'm stupendously overqualified on technical expertise laugh

GTOwannabe
GTOwannabe
3/14/19 3:22 p.m.

Man if only I'd seen this 23 years ago when I retired! I'd have loved that office overlooking a cool MGB and a super rare Pontiac Fiero! 

But if you really DO like old guys, I'll consider a position with you as long as I can telecommute from New England.

Tom Suddard
3/14/19 3:44 p.m.

We never discriminate based on age. We're looking for somebody that wants to work hard to build a career and grow with us, not somebody hoping to retire to sunny Florida. Believe it or not, we really have had applicants say they just wanted a job to cover their moving expenses so they could retire here. surprise

A few of you have asked about telecommuting. We'd bend the rules for the right candidate, but generally we're looking for in-house employees. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aTodch1ZXq6BO1LrO87s73pnVouDXWAs35tAQ6m2KKuH3bHYnST2jrBJqA83CdGX