1 2
BlindPirate
BlindPirate Reader
11/18/21 6:47 p.m.

Didn't Mazda 6s rust so bad the front subframes broke? I think that was around 2010 though, maybe it's better now. But you don't have to drive alot, just when it has been salted and the car doesn't get washed. And roads get salted in mild winters too. If it is going to rain and it's middle to lower 30s they will salt

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UltraDork
11/29/21 9:49 p.m.

Update! My wife called CarMax just now because we hadn't heard back yet, and it turns out they sold the car to someone else. After promising to call us back after the inspection was done. Not cool. 

I guess this is a net zero for Carfax. Minus one for basically selling the car out from under us, and plus one for saving us from buying a rust belt car.

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/29/21 9:57 p.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

You dodged a bullet. You should thank them. My Rover spent less than a year in Ontario and while the body is fine, I don't even try to do suspension or other underneath work. I let the garage do that stuff and then express mild surprise when they tell me how frozen all the fasteners were.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UltraDork
11/29/21 10:25 p.m.

In reply to bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) :

Haha yeah, we aren't terribly upset after reading everyone's responses here. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
11/30/21 9:40 a.m.

2018?  It's seen like 3 winters though right?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/30/21 12:21 p.m.
Jerry said:

2018?  It's seen like 3 winters though right?

Theoretically?

Cars with mileage that low are usually driven by people who basically go nowhere, or get rides from their adult children, between October and May.  And they drive like twice a month the rest of the time.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nZpDs7EJ06VlOFOjqwmr46zPKqHl0eWNSGMMAn63W1Lhmz8S1SHpftg3W76zD8kg