1 2
FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/18/12 8:46 a.m.

2007 Mustang GT for $21,800

Am I the only one who thinks he is hitting the wacky weed on this one?

Ian F
Ian F UltraDork
3/18/12 8:51 a.m.

Judging by the mods and the mileage, this is obviously someone's baby and pricing reality tends to get lost in emotions.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
3/18/12 9:02 a.m.

sadly, the mods only dimminsh it's value to the average buyer.. would have been better to return to stock and sell the parts seperatly

Ian F
Ian F UltraDork
3/18/12 9:15 a.m.

Yep, but like I said, that would be logical.

Unfortunately, we are going through a similar issue with my late friends MINI. He dumped buckets of money into the car to suit his dreams. Before he passed, he thought he could sell the car for $25-30k when in reality, it might be worth somewhere in high teens (it is a Jcw with very low miles). Fortunately, his g/f who he left the car to is a little more realistic.

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
3/18/12 9:36 a.m.

That seems about fair... Although reality probably means 17-18k. I would offer to buy at 16 with 18 as the limit.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
3/18/12 11:07 a.m.
FlightService wrote: 2007 Mustang GT for $21,800 Am I the only one who thinks he is hitting the wacky weed on this one?

"Yes dear, I did put the Mustang up for sale."

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
3/18/12 1:20 p.m.

On a collectors car site?

Are 2007 Mustangs collectors cars now??

RedS13Coupe
RedS13Coupe Reader
3/18/12 4:19 p.m.

I think you missed the part where the kelly blue book clearly stated the car was worth even more then he is asking.

fasted58
fasted58 SuperDork
3/18/12 4:46 p.m.

sooo, if GRMers owned this car what's the asking price and the bottom line you'd take?

<6K mi. w/ speed goodies

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
3/19/12 8:26 a.m.

Yes / No.

His is uber low mileage, has tasteful mods, and looks to be in pretty impeccable condition. So while it's pricy for a 5 year old Mustang, it's a pretty damn nice Mustang.

On a side note, how do you buy a fun car and only drive it 1000 miles a year?

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Reader
3/19/12 8:51 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Yes / No. His is uber low mileage, has tasteful mods, and looks to be in pretty impeccable condition. So while it's pricy for a 5 year old Mustang, it's a pretty damn nice Mustang. On a side note, how do you buy a fun car and only drive it 1000 miles a year?

Unfortunately some Mustang owners are like that. Cobra GT500 owners are almost as bad as Corvette owners.

"No, I don't race this car. I only drive it to car shows on sunny weekends while always observing the posted speed limit."

This is what you're supposed to do with your "fun car":

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
3/19/12 8:56 a.m.

Is it normal to accept MC and VISA these days?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve PowerDork
3/19/12 9:00 a.m.

Apparently, you all missed the 8" shorty antenna. See? Yep. NOW it seems worth it, doesn't it?

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
3/19/12 9:12 a.m.

Meh, it's a Mustang. It's a GT. in 10 years it'll be worth about as much as other GT's.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
3/19/12 9:27 a.m.
RedS13Coupe wrote: I think you missed the part where the kelly blue book clearly stated the car was worth even more then he is asking.

Exactly. I don't understand the uproar. He's about dead on the money for KBB value.

http://www.kbb.com/ford/mustang/2007-ford-mustang/gt-coupe-2d/?vehicleid=83705&intent=buy-used&mileage=5000&category=coupe&condition=excellent&pricetype=private-party

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
3/19/12 9:37 a.m.
unevolved wrote:
RedS13Coupe wrote: I think you missed the part where the kelly blue book clearly stated the car was worth even more then he is asking.
Exactly. I don't understand the uproar. He's about dead on the money for KBB value. http://www.kbb.com/ford/mustang/2007-ford-mustang/gt-coupe-2d/?vehicleid=83705&intent=buy-used&mileage=5000&category=coupe&condition=excellent&pricetype=private-party

But it's still a stock Mustank with ugly wheels. He would be better off to put some FR/GT500 knockoffs or something on it and sell the 19's separately.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut UltraDork
3/19/12 9:43 a.m.
mndsm wrote: Meh, it's a Mustang. It's a GT. in 10 years it'll be worth about as much as other GT's.

But in 30 years...

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
3/19/12 9:50 a.m.

It is about where KBB puts it. BUT... I only paid $16k last year for my '06 GT Premium convertible with fairly low miles on it. And KBB put it at $22k.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
3/19/12 9:54 a.m.

I'm really hoping to be financially ready to pull the trigger on my Mustang around the same time gas hits $5/gallon. The prices should plummet.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
3/20/12 2:11 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: On a side note, how do you buy a fun car and only drive it 1000 miles a year?

That's 4,000 trips down the dragstrip.

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
3/20/12 3:43 a.m.
Appleseed wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote: On a side note, how do you buy a fun car and only drive it 1000 miles a year?
That's 4,000 trips down the dragstrip.

only if it's a 1/8 mile track- you have to factor in the return road and driving thru the pits..

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/20/12 7:13 a.m.
Chris_V wrote: It is about where KBB puts it. BUT... I only paid $16k last year for my '06 GT Premium convertible with fairly low miles on it. And KBB put it at $22k.

Yeah KBB isn't worth the electricity it takes to put it on your screen. I use it to bait people who know no better.

Now Black Book on the other hand...

ThePhranc
ThePhranc HalfDork
3/20/12 7:21 a.m.
BBsGarage wrote: Is it normal to accept MC and VISA these days?

You can with a 'Square' dongle, app and a smart phone.

It's getting more common to use credit cards for personal transactions.

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
3/20/12 8:09 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: sadly, the mods only dimminsh it's value to the average buyer.. would have been better to return to stock and sell the parts seperatly

When I was selling my modded cars, and people said that to get the car cheaper I'd always respond with "Oh, you want a STOCK car? Those are down the street at the dealer. If you're here looking at THIS car, it's because you want these mods. And they aren't free."

Never lost money on a modded car, and I've sold over 50 of 'em. If you want a stock one, buy a stock one. Don't try to chew down the price on a modded one. To me it's no different than trying to steal the parts that were installed.

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
3/20/12 8:28 a.m.

I've looked at a lot of Mustangs lately, and it is in the ballpark with most. More importantly, have you priced new ones?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Za3BzJWe3swzdec0z6QHNoiMglZ5zibvyeXqRaDR7E7RECCtNdrfa32oufb5H2C4