6/4/14 8:56 p.m.

GladlyTheCrossEyedBear
GladlyTheCrossEyedBear New Reader
6/4/14 9:24 p.m.

Lulz

Lancer007
Lancer007 HalfDork
6/4/14 9:28 p.m.

Haha, tucking up to the lip of the wheel = no sympathy.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/4/14 9:32 p.m.

Shouldn't these be displayed on the bumper bolts?

DCharger68
DCharger68 Reader
6/4/14 9:43 p.m.

This is why I prefer the stance of classic muscle

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
6/4/14 9:52 p.m.

Haha awesome.

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
6/4/14 9:54 p.m.

"this guy clearly doesn't know how to drive a low car" - jackass commenter that doesn't understand that you can't drive a car with 1" ground clearance, at all.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/4/14 11:37 p.m.

I question how he got that far in the first place.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Reader
6/4/14 11:49 p.m.

A wise man once said, "A man's got to know his limitations..."

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
6/4/14 11:51 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Shouldn't these be displayed on the bumper bolts?

What bolts? It didn't look like much was holding those bumpers on, to begin with.

plance1
plance1 Dork
6/4/14 11:59 p.m.
OldGray320i wrote: A wise man once said, "A man's got to know his limitations..."

Clint!

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
6/5/14 12:11 a.m.
singleslammer wrote: "this guy clearly doesn't know how to drive a low car" - jackass commenter that doesn't understand that you can't drive a car with 1" ground clearance, at all.

That's the internet for you.

When you can't go up a gently-sloped driveway without tearing both bumpers off, you MIGHT have gone too far with the drop.

I'll admit I like the look of stanced cars, but if you want to go that low, put the damn thing on airbags.

gjz30075
gjz30075 Reader
6/5/14 5:27 a.m.

I think the camera person might have known it was coming. The one astute person there.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UberDork
6/5/14 7:50 a.m.

Hard parking doesn't get much harder!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/5/14 7:56 a.m.

Stancebros usually use a pairs of pegs on the bumper and body linked with elastic bands to hold their bumpers on for this reason. When you try to drive over a minor lip or a large pebble, it allows the bumper to move a bit, and if it does get pulled off nothing will get torn other than the elastics. They also make it easy to remove the bumper quickly.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
6/5/14 8:03 a.m.

It gives 'em an excuse to add gratuitous zipties.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/5/14 8:08 a.m.

We looked at a house yesterday that i'm reasonably sure won't allow me to put my daily driver in the driveway.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
6/5/14 8:10 a.m.
gjz30075 wrote: I think the camera person might have known it was coming. The one astute person there.

Agreed. Probably got a lot of good shots of cars being ripped up there.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
6/5/14 9:00 a.m.

Haha, that body kit was dumb and ugly anyway. Man I hate bodykits...

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Dork
6/5/14 9:03 a.m.

Well, when you get your easy money selling drugs, I guess blowing a few hundred on trashed body kits is no big deal.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/5/14 9:23 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Stancebros usually use a pairs of pegs on the bumper and body linked with elastic bands to hold their bumpers on for this reason. When you try to drive over a minor lip or a large pebble, it allows the bumper to move a bit, and if it does get pulled off nothing will get torn other than the elastics. They also make it easy to remove the bumper quickly.

Lotus Sevens (and friends) do the same to hold the hood on, but that's because the whole thing moves around so much that solid latches wouldn't hold. Also see: Wrangler.

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
6/5/14 10:04 a.m.

That was hilarious, and he was going to a drift event?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/5/14 10:06 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse wrote: Well, when you get your easy money selling drugs, I guess blowing a few hundred on trashed body kits is no big deal.

Is there a back story we missed? Is this guy a known drug dealer?

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
6/5/14 11:24 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Stancebros usually use a pairs of pegs on the bumper and body linked with elastic bands to hold their bumpers on for this reason. When you try to drive over a minor lip or a large pebble, it allows the bumper to move a bit, and if it does get pulled off nothing will get torn other than the elastics. They also make it easy to remove the bumper quickly.

Its a silvia chassis, chances are the front bumper, fenders, and headlights are held on with zip ties.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JQ4ZkUHXfPpXh2toXC2U5EbtcL4j5WC3euQbKsGaUggdotraSDoOn2UjKex5rBXP