Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
9/25/19 2:04 p.m.

Read about it here. There's even a video of them racing at Rennsport 2018. Tractors at Laguna Seca; does life get any better than that?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/25/19 2:13 p.m.

One of those showed up at a PCA chapter meeting I attended last year.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
9/25/19 2:19 p.m.

I was too young to remember much about it, but my grandfather belonged to an antique tractor club and they used to have tractor shows out at Summit Point because Bill Scott was friendly to the group.  Mr. Scott would allow the tractors out on a section of the main circuit for a "slow tractor" race and would participate on his Porsche tractor, and the club would graciously "let" him win every time.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia HalfDork
9/25/19 4:23 p.m.

The tractor race at rennsport was cool , 

a few guys went real overboard painting up their tractors and adding trailers etc

Vasek Polak had one in his Porsche showroom for years , 

it was Porsche designed , they were not built by Porsche ,  

and they built 1-2-3 and 4 cylinder models......

Kreb
Kreb UberDork
9/25/19 4:42 p.m.

Yeah, but the IMS bearing..... I wonder if it's any faster than my dads Lamborghini tractor?

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
9/25/19 5:22 p.m.

In reply to Kreb :

Now that's a test we want to see!

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
9/25/19 6:00 p.m.

How about a 597... the predecessor to the Cayenne?  

Image result for porsche jagdwagen

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ Dork
9/25/19 6:57 p.m.
Kreb said:

Yeah, but the IMS bearing..... I wonder if it's any faster than my dads Lamborghini tractor?

Or my dad’s David Brown.  Yes the same David Brown on an Aston Martin DBXX

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/25/19 7:01 p.m.
stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
9/25/19 7:36 p.m.

Don't forget Lamborghini built tractors, too.  Both wheeled ones, and crawler tractors like this one:

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Reader
9/25/19 8:09 p.m.
A 401 CJ said:
Kreb said:

Or my dad’s David Brown.  Yes the same David Brown on an Aston Martin DBXX

Uh oh, is that a Muscle Tractor?

Yes, Muscle Tractors are a thing.

keithedwards
keithedwards New Reader
9/26/19 1:23 p.m.
Tactical Penguin said:

I was too young to remember much about it, but my grandfather belonged to an antique tractor club and they used to have tractor shows out at Summit Point because Bill Scott was friendly to the group.  Mr. Scott would allow the tractors out on a section of the main circuit for a "slow tractor" race and would participate on his Porsche tractor, and the club would graciously "let" him win every time.

As I recall, it was a "one-lap" race, with tractors positioned around the track, based on supposed top speed. In theory, all tractors would reach the finish line at the same time. Don't think it quite worked out that way. I probably saw 2 of those races, in conjunction with vintage racing weekends. I actually wished I could take my '52 Farmall C to Summit Point.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/29/21 4:42 a.m.

There's also video of Rohrl taking one around the 'ring. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/29/21 6:30 a.m.

canoe revival trying to tell us about spending money

jwagner (Forum Supporter)
jwagner (Forum Supporter) Reader
10/29/21 4:37 p.m.

The Trattore winery out in dry creek has a Porsche Junior in the tasting room.  The owner is a tractor geek and has a video up on the Porsche on his youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmtXSbtsmbw

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/29/21 4:40 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

Don't forget Lamborghini built tractors, too.  Both wheeled ones, and crawler tractors like this one:

Ferruccio Lamborghini was a tractor manufacturer until the day he went to the Ferrari factory and tried to tell Enzo how to build his cars. laugh

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
10/29/21 6:19 p.m.

This is the Porsche tractor video that came to mind.  Guy brings his 111 diesel in to the dealer for a repair.

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Dork
11/4/21 9:43 p.m.
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said:
stuart in mn said:

Ferruccio Lamborghini was a tractor manufacturer until the day he went to the Ferrari factory and tried to tell Enzo how to build his cars. laugh

And to fix the troublesome clutch in his personal Ferrari he fitted it with one of his tractor clutches. Effectively the prototype for the first Lamborghini road car.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/9/21 9:42 a.m.

In reply to MotorsportsGordon :

Lamborghini still builds tractors. 

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
12/9/21 9:50 a.m.

I have one of these! 

(That I built 1/24 scale. :p ) 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners