1 2
Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
8/17/17 6:38 p.m.

I'll never forget when I encountered a GT4 at a bottom-feeder used car lot in Decatur, IL back around 2001/2002. It was cheap...I think the sign said $10-$12k? It would have meant financing it, which I might have been able to do, but the whole situation just had "bad idea" written all over it. Now looking at their prices, if I'd just left it in the back yard I'd probably still have come out ok.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/17/17 9:39 p.m.

Am I the only one so far that digs the color combo?

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/17/17 9:44 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

I'm ok with it.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi PowerDork
8/18/17 6:12 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Am I the only one so far that digs the color combo?

No, I'd prefer blue over black or camel but it is a good different. When I bought my 400i there was a yellow GT4 for a little less money (8800 I think) but I could never get in touch with the guy so I bought the 400. I might have never sold a GT4

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ HalfDork
8/18/17 7:07 a.m.

Keith Martin spoke highly of his. He's not known to talk it up just because it's 'his'.

While once considered bottom rung, these have aged better than just about anything from that period. Lots of room to grow in the market.

Unfortunate colors on this one. A re-die to black on the inside would help.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield New Reader
8/18/17 9:39 p.m.

I have always thought this was one the best designs of the period. It would be the ferrari I would want, but I prefer them in blue.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/19/17 9:50 p.m.
Jumper K. Balls wrote: I love a 308GT4 and can't help thinking you folks who don't are somehow broken. It is my favorite of the wedge Ferraris. Also the home of my favorite seats of all time. Beautiful, simple and comfortable. I wish I could find a set.

And that back seat was a good idea... why, exactly?

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project New Reader
8/19/17 9:58 p.m.

The color combo will hurt value, no doubt. It would be much more desirable with black, tan, or even a white interior.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/21/17 7:39 p.m.

Sold for $40,000.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
8/21/17 7:47 p.m.
Duke wrote:
Jumper K. Balls wrote: I love a 308GT4 and can't help thinking you folks who don't are somehow broken. It is my favorite of the wedge Ferraris. Also the home of my favorite seats of all time. Beautiful, simple and comfortable. I wish I could find a set.
And that back seat was a good idea... *why*, exactly?

Insurance. It is now a passenger vehicle, not a sports coupe.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi PowerDork
8/21/17 8:20 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Sold for $40,000.

That's more like it

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/21/17 9:00 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

If you're worried about insurance rates, you shouldn't be buying a new Ferrari.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wIaE5gUGrZiIwVUMm5l5Q35frrJQF4v3quxHcARrmPgJCHtdNUjh1ZUtASJP4BUb