4/28/10 1:32 p.m.

Currently

Planned:

I am ready for the Apocalypse!

AutoXR
AutoXR Reader
4/28/10 1:54 p.m.
81gtv6 wrote: I went and saw Repo Men on Friday, they drive an upscale ZAV:

They filmed Repo men here in Toronto a few blocks from where I live, I saw a transport load of these VW's about 1.5yrs ago on their way to the set. Neat trucks

Luke
Luke SuperDork
4/29/10 6:14 a.m.

In reply to EricM:

Love the logo .

However, I'd be inclined to make a rolling fortress out of that Winnebago of yours, instead.

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer Reader
4/29/10 8:59 a.m.

So...who's gona start printing the ZAV decals with the cricket bat / shotgun logo. I'm thinking 6"x6" would be good for the fenders.

EricM
EricM Dork
4/29/10 9:07 a.m.
SillyImportRacer wrote: So...who's gona start printing the CAB decals with the cricket bat / shotgun logo. I'm thinking 6"x6" would be good for the fenders.

Locally "Fast Signs" will make the vinyl decals up to 36 inches (and double that if you are good at edge matching).

I am working on a logo that includes the shotgun and cricket bat and in a circle around it it will say "Zombie Outbreak Response Team" And also get a huge bio-hazard sticker for the hood.

yes I said Sticker, they may you faster and tougher.

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer Reader
4/29/10 11:08 a.m.

In reply to EricM:

Cool, think you can start hot artwork?

petegossett
petegossett SuperDork
4/29/10 11:58 a.m.

Eric, please sign me up for those decals when you get the printed.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
4/29/10 12:33 p.m.

Wouldn't the ideal zombie apocalypse vehicle be something like a big yacht? I have never seen a zombie movie where zombies can swim or operate boats so just go sit in the middle of the ocean and occasionally go back to the shore for supplies.

Raze
Raze HalfDork
4/29/10 1:22 p.m.

this thread made me search the interwebs, this came up and made me loller skate out the room!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2226285/choosing_the_proper_vehicle_to_use.html?cat=10

someone in reno, nv is actually selling their ZAV as a ZAV: http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/1711208472.html

Raze
Raze HalfDork
4/29/10 1:23 p.m.
96DXCivic wrote: Wouldn't the ideal zombie apocalypse vehicle be something like a big yacht? I have never seen a zombie movie where zombies can swim or operate boats so just go sit in the middle of the ocean and occasionally go back to the shore for supplies.

Dude, the can walk underwater cause they dont' breathe, they dont' need to swim, they can just pile ontop of each other until they get to your boat, I vote blimp, can stay in the air long periods of time, zombies can't operate complex machinery so they couldn't shoot you down...

EricM
EricM Dork
4/29/10 1:35 p.m.
SillyImportRacer wrote: In reply to EricM: Cool, think you can start hot artwork?

OK I will start after my finals on the 5th and the 7th. (Full time work, married, 3 kids and grad school...)

EricM
EricM Dork
4/29/10 1:35 p.m.
petegossett wrote: Eric, please sign me up for those decals when you get the printed.

ok! :)

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
4/29/10 1:38 p.m.
Raze wrote:
96DXCivic wrote: Wouldn't the ideal zombie apocalypse vehicle be something like a big yacht? I have never seen a zombie movie where zombies can swim or operate boats so just go sit in the middle of the ocean and occasionally go back to the shore for supplies.
Dude, the can walk underwater cause they dont' breathe, they dont' need to swim, they can just pile ontop of each other until they get to your boat, I vote blimp, can stay in the air long periods of time, zombies can't operate complex machinery so they couldn't shoot you down...

Yes but why would they walk out into the middle of the ocean for a couple people when there are plenty on land. And if you have sonar and you see something starting to pile up beside the boat just move. Zombies are slow on land nevermind walking under water. And how many zombies would have to pile on top each other if you are in the middle of the ocean.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/29/10 1:43 p.m.

Hmm. I might have to check on the availability of ZAV for a personalized plate.

EvanB
EvanB HalfDork
4/29/10 1:49 p.m.

I used to work with a guy who had a lifted black TJ with a plate that said something like ZMBI KLR.

Raze
Raze HalfDork
4/29/10 2:11 p.m.
96DXCivic wrote:
Raze wrote:
Yes but why would they walk out into the middle of the ocean for a couple people when there are plenty on land. And if you have sonar and you see something starting to pile up beside the boat just move. Zombies are slow on land nevermind walking under water. And how many zombies would have to pile on top each other if you are in the middle of the ocean.

you and I will have to debate the merits of various ZAVs over some zombie stew...

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/29/10 2:12 p.m.

I love this bar.

Raze
Raze HalfDork
4/29/10 2:15 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: I love this bar.

offtopic- Dave, hey man I saw you run last Sunday down at Turner Field, I need to come introduce myself, I brought our XR4 which didn't pass tech (batter hold down, will be remidied for the next running), and convinced the Lemons airplane wing guys to come out, was really nice weather! /offtopic

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/29/10 2:19 p.m.
Raze wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote: I love this bar.
offtopic- Dave, hey man I saw you run last Sunday down at Turner Field, I need to come introduce myself, I brought our XR4 which didn't pass tech (batter hold down, will be remidied for the next running), and convinced the Lemons airplane wing guys to come out, was really nice weather! /offtopic

Please do.

Sorry to hear about the tech troubles. That lemons wing car was insane.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
4/29/10 2:24 p.m.
Raze wrote:
96DXCivic wrote:
Raze wrote:
you and I will have to debate the merits of various ZAVs over some zombie stew...

Indeed. The main problem I can see with a boat is the need to come to shore occasionally.

EricM
EricM Dork
4/29/10 2:42 p.m.

Just so you all know, curved text in "gimp" is really hard to get all lined up.

I can curve it, but then it is not quite lined up, and I can't move it once it is curved. Pain in the ass.

I will ask my wife to fix it up (she is a graphics designer)

Raze
Raze HalfDork
4/29/10 2:42 p.m.
96DXCivic wrote:
Raze wrote:
96DXCivic wrote:
Raze wrote:
Indeed. The main problem I can see with a boat is the need to come to shore occasionally.

least you forget waterworld? I think both the boat or the blimp would have a tough time in inclement weather, what you need is a boat that can fly temporarily, with an enclosed hull like a submarine to ride out bad weather without sinking. Think submarine sealing to prevent sinking, sail boating for general travel, and blimp launchable for emergency escapes...

you could also have it be partially powered by old prius batteries, solar cells, and a windmill since they will be discarded as useless ZAVs

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer Reader
4/29/10 4:28 p.m.

In reply to EricM:

Sweet! Let me know how much $$ you'll need per pair.

I wonder how far my wife's eyes will role back Into her head when she sees them on the old truck.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
4/29/10 4:30 p.m.

I need a pair as well for the P71

fromeast2west
fromeast2west New Reader
4/29/10 4:53 p.m.

M35 is the Miata of the survivalists.

They can be found pretty cheap. You can cut them up to make other variants (bob tail 4x4). They'll run on almost any fuel that will burn. Ex-Military cache gives them instant zombie-street cred.

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lSMvcMeWjQyRs8PtlkcCUGZRHMz3jKpQUgqLZy7yC00V42zPOza8VqKcZvekIHmx